Oil Catchtank

SDS

Thought it would be a good idea to fit a catch tank to my Zetec 1800 but the tank supplied by Westfields is just too big

to fit (factory insist it will). Has anyone sourced a better tank from a different supplier?

There are loads out there to try.

Have a hunt through Demon Tweeks, Burton and do a search on here, its been mentioned before.

Theres also a WSCC member who's looked into devolping these.... do a search!

I use an aluminium cycle water bottle and cage  :)

Make your own and place it on the nearside by the bulkhead/wing.  Plenty of space for one of any shape.

Westfield say that it fits in front of the clutch and brake master cylinders but with the steering shaft and engine mounts also in the way i cannot see how it's supposed to fit???

Ive got a W/F one that i havn't fitted yet, i can't see how its suppose to fit either!!

anyone got any pics of a Westfield one fitted at all ????????????

I fitted one of the nfauto large round catch tanks to my 1800 zetec, though I bought it off ebay for ($59 inc.p&p rather than £62), because of the cost saving and also because I could get a silver round one rather than the titanium finish, though mine had 10mm outlets rather than 0.5". A £5 ebay breather filter was also added.

Not a good pic but fitted it as below.

4262.jpeg

The tank volume is only 550 ml though, so if you want one for sprinting etc. then it will be too small as 1ltr is the minimum. Still it works fine for me and the sight gauge is still clean so I have never had to empty it.

Cheers

Kev.

seen some sprint guys using old thermos flask with the glass removed .

as long as its robust and catches any oil chucked out the breather rather than dumpin it on the track, I dont think it matters much what it looks like.

For most trackdays a min 1 litre capacity is required  :D  :D aesthetics is down to owner  :D  :D

Comp use also requires 1 litre capacity  :D

For most trackdays a min 1 litre capacity is required  :D  :D aesthetics is down to owner  :D  :D

Comp use also requires 1 litre capacity  :D

Which track day organisers have checked your catch tank Mark ?

Most trackday companies do no scrutineering at all, because if they do they are concerened about liabilty. As they are basicaly saying the car is fit for track if they passed it.

They won't care as long as you are not dropping oil over the track and no one will check.

Fiting a 500ml catch tank would not have stopped me from doing any of the Track days I have done.

That said mine is about a litre :-)

Cheers

Bazzer

Its not a question of checking  ;) By requesting that items be addressed in instructions the onus is then on the driver to ensure his/her car complies  :D  ;)

If anything untoward happened which as a direct result is contributable to the driver not ensuring his/her car complies then it is the fault of the driver and not the organiser  :D  :D  :D

Signed:

WSCC Mallory Park Track Day Organiser  :D  :D  :D  :D