HELP PLEASE!!!!

johnsubaru

I have had a look at steppenwolf's website which was very helpfull in determining the position of the hole.

But i have now cut the hole which is about 5" square and still the exhaust won't go through. :bangshead:  How large a hole  :p  did you guys cut out for the exhaust to exit?? and does anybody have any advise on manoeuvring the damn thing through the hole as it seems very tight between the engine and one of the chassis rails. I am just worried about removing to much of the bodywork.

Thanks in advance

John (just a guess!;) the 5" vertical dimension is fine but the width on mine is 6" so keep going! Remember, although you do want as small an aperture as possible this has to be tempered with ensuring that the glass fibre doesn't 'fry' when the exhaust gets hot! This is a scary job n'est ce pas?

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply, I understand what your saying regards the fibreglass being too close to the exhaust. I just wanted to offer it up and then trim accordingly (scared to death of making an Ar$e of it!!!;). I only seem able to enlarge the hole one way now which would be towards the front of the car as there is a round diagonal chassis member to the right of the hole. Does this sound about right??

Thanks

John

Mark at Westfield supplied me with a diagram and dimensions for cutting the hole, unfortunately I don't have it anymore but it may be worth a call to him.  Cut mine as per the diagram and with a little extra trimming it fitted through without a problem.

TED

:)  :)

Talk to WF.

I had the diagram that Ted refers to for my 1800 Zetec. It was spot on. I was sure that I had kept it, but I can't find it. Sorry.

When I spoke to Mark he emailed it to me the same day. Give him a call.

HTH

Thanks Guys

Spoke to WF and typically Mark isn't in today :oops:  But spoke to someone who gave me some rough measurements to get me near.  :)

Thanks

John