Best place for axle stands

Persil

Okies all jacked up and on stands  :p

The reason for this is to check the car over as its going back on the road at the end of the month so wanna check it over.

I also have a problem with the speedo (VDO) so i needed to find the sensor and how and where it was mounted .

Ok the sensor points at the 6 bolts on the Lobro so i now need to know how to setup the guage because atm it overreads x2 (roughly)  40mph = 80mph on speedo .

Now i dont have a manual or instructions for said speedo so can anyone furnish me with exact instructions what i need to do to get it reading properly .  I did do a search but there were no full setup guides .  

I did read about having to measure the rolling circumference of the wheel/tyre but thats not possible (very short uphill driveway which has another car there i cant really move atm) .

Tia

Persil

Ring Westfield and ask them for the 4 figure number, its easy to program in - ive got a manual if you need one!

Ta Deano  ...Anyway you can do me a copy?  Scan or photo or whatever?  I dunno how big it is but would be nice to see how its done.

Will call Westfeild tomorrow and see what they have to say...But i need to sort it for its mot and for my licence :p

Persil

Ok spoke to Westfield and got instructions on how to set the gauge up.

Trouble is for some reason i have a "."  which they say i should not have so when entrering the pulse it shows 052.20

Also once its set and the speedo returns to its normal settings its shows a "T" for my trip meter but when i click the button to go to mileage it goes to an "A" which starts at 20 and counts down ...I have no idea what this is and nor does Westfield but it wont show my mileage only the trip meter .

The model is VDO 437-015-016c  0-140mph model..  Does anyone have a full manual for one of these?

As i dont wanna really replace it at £120 for a new one  :bangshead:

Persil

Don't know if it will help but there is a manual you can download from lowtensions website for VDO gauges, don't know what number gauge though ?

may be of some help or try emailing them to see if they can get hold of a manual for your gauge

:D

here

Thanks Nick.

Had a look at the PDF and it explains what westfield told me so looks like i have a fuba gauge .

The speedo part may still work and i will test it when i take the car for its mot but it seems i wont get any mileage reading.

The guy at Westfield suggested sending the gauge back to VDO and see if they can repair/refurb rather than blowing £120 on a new one .

Thanks for the help so far guys

Persil