Best place for axle stands

Persil

I want to jack the westy up and get all 4 wheels off the ground to do a bit of work on it...where is it best to place the jack and stands ?

May sound a silly question but dont wanna bend anything :)

Tia

Persil

and once in the air, I have a length of wood with two lumps screwed to the end that goes across the back of the car on the rearmost full width rail. The lumps of wood give space for the brake/fuel lines to pass. You can just see it here

4253.jpeg

Kerry S

Ta Blatters...i would have done a search but had to nip to shop and get a wheel wrench before shop shut so quickly posted before i went...

Will have a few more questions (about my misreading speedo and its pickup location later)

Persil

You'll be able to practice searching then, 'cos both subjects are well covered :p:D

Of course. It'll be nice to not have to keep repeating ourselves... :0:p:D

And with a fair proportion of those posts including the words: a, search, and do, I really can't defend the charge that I love it really... :down:

:D:D:D

...extract the word "Search" from his vocabulary

DOH, he beat me to it    

FWIW  I did a search for Blatman on google and didn't get any quirky gem of wisdom  other than

"Dr. Blatman has taken the art of myofascial trigger point treatment to a new level."    WHAT !!??     :(    

"Blatman describes the 11th annual Cajun-Zydeco Crawfish Festival - 9/11"    Mmmmm   Food

"Blatman, BS, RRA, CTR; Datta, ...

(Blatman) Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology"     now thats a job I could do

"Blatman, cautioned the Board on spending money for esthetics

rather than function"

It did seem to slow the wscc board when I did the same search on here. Maybe I imagined it.

Okies all jacked up and on stands  :p

The reason for this is to check the car over as its going back on the road at the end of the month so wanna check it over.

I also have a problem with the speedo (VDO) so i needed to find the sensor and how and where it was mounted .

Ok the sensor points at the 6 bolts on the Lobro so i now need to know how to setup the guage because atm it overreads x2 (roughly)  40mph = 80mph on speedo .

Now i dont have a manual or instructions for said speedo so can anyone furnish me with exact instructions what i need to do to get it reading properly .  I did do a search but there were no full setup guides .  

I did read about having to measure the rolling circumference of the wheel/tyre but thats not possible (very short uphill driveway which has another car there i cant really move atm) .

Also i have spax shocks with black springs on front and white on rear...they look well past there best but like how the hell do you remove them without taking half the car apart? Also does the colour of springs sound correct for a 1800 Zetec?

Tia

Persil

I did read about having to measure the rolling circumference of the wheel/tyre but thats not possible (very short uphill driveway which has another car there i cant really move atm) .

Persil

I don't know a thing about your speedo  :(        but to measure  the tyre cicumference just wrap a piece of string round it and measure how much string you used  :D