Sei rebuild

leggoe

...my chassis they put the 't' piece stud for the front brake in the wrong place - on the underside of the front cross-member instead of on the off-side diagonal brace - now my brake pipes don't reach. Is there some piece of legislation that says the 't' piece has to be mounted on an integral part of the chassis or can I just drill a hole & put a bolt through the diagonal brace to take the 't' piece?

Also, looking at the bare chassis I'm wondering why not leave the rear panel off till later for better access to the back suspension etc - Westy say put all the panels in first - be grateful for members views. :oops:

Brake T piece, correct position is under the front (top) chassis rail in the centre. If you are using the standard Westfield brake pipes they are very tight on length and in fact I had to make the short pipe from the brake master cylinder to the brake light switch as there was no way theirs would fit.

Ally panels, fit them first, however if you are going for injection I would mount the filter bracket first as it was necessary to bend the bottom of the rear bulkhead panel to get mine in place.

Brake T piece, correct position is under the front (top) chassis rail in the centre.

Rather depends on the car. My narrow car has the T-piece on the O/S chasis rail diagonal adjacent to the top wishbone pick ups...

There is no legislation regarding the fixing position of the t-piece. If it's really a problem, either ask Westfield to remedy it or get your nearest visiting welder to MiG on a piece of appropriately sized studding...

does it really need to be mounted?

as long as the pipes are clipped every 25cm all should be ok

just make sure that there are clips close to the T piece

Thanks all for the feedback. Sometimes the wood gets in the way of the trees - and there's always bluetack as a backup...:d