hello all

little ed

Hello all this is my first post on the westfield owners site.

I am looking at getting a westfield in the very near future, i know nothing about them but love the looks and really want one. I have been looking at getting a 1600 engine and that is about all i know!! would someone be able to give me some guidence on this.

I also have a few simple questions for you guys, like what is the approx length and width of a westfield this would be so i know that it will fit in my garage at home, also would can you take your westfield to a standard garage for servicing etc. My final question is do you just put your car through a normal MOT or are there sepecalist places for them.

Id like to thank everyone in advance for helping me out on this query.

Im sure ill learn more as time on ther forum goes on

:blush:

Since you're in Nottingham, come to the next meet at Shardlow, on your side of Derby, bring a tape measure and talk to us. Think there are a couple of guys with 1600.

If you want to look at mine - in Derby - PM me, I'm around this weekend except for Curborough on Sunday afternoon.

Kerry S

if you have a look on the westfield website i think it gives the measurements of the cars.it used to but im not 100% sure it still does.

darren  :D

Welcome to the forum mate

I am still a newbie but I'm yet to come across a question or issue not already discussed on the forum and all the guys are really helpful so ask away.

:t-up:

"bring a tape measure"

"If you want to look at mine"

Kerry S

Sounds dodgy to me  :oops:  :D  :D  :D

OK the "double entendre" is alive and well :D  :D

You'll need someting to measure 13 feet at least :p

Kerry S

I built mine in a single sized garage so you should be OK. How big is your garage? Why do you want a 1600cc engine?

Where abouts in Nottingham are you? As Kerry says try and get to the next meeting if you can, usually loads of cars and helpful advice - all for the price of a round of drinks  :D  :D

John.

Hello little ed,

Don't know the size, but standard garage should not be an issue at all.

Odd comment about wanting a 1600cc engine only, most newbies ask about budgets and what you get for your money.

1600's are commonly Ford X-flows, Ford Pintos, Ford CVH or Toyota 4AGE. There are others (Ford Twin cam, Vauxhall), but this is the commoner list. However all will drive very differently

X flow and Pinto will be old technology, but both have their fans. Of the two, X flow every time for me, due to tuning capabilities and costs.

CVH is a more modern engine, very reliable and very easy to look after with generally no oil leaks or faults, but limited in tuning ability and upgraded parts are rarer and more expensive. As a result these engined cars generally fall from grace and can be found cheaper.

Toyota is relatively new in Westfields, but a cracking engine. Best of the bunch by a country mile, but you will pay for it.

Really does depend on budget, but my advice would be to purchase the newest and best built car with all the bits on it you want. If you really want a 1600cc X flow, then go for it, but don't rule out say a 2L pinto just on engine size......

Decide what you want the car for (track, weekend to pub, Touring etc,) then set a budget, then look at cars.

Happy to help, call on 07860 582321 if you want any help.

MArk

do you just put your car through a normal MOT or are there sepecalist places for them.

Normal MOT, although again, taking it to a place that's seen one before would probably be an advantage.

Welcome to the madhouse... :devil::D

So which one of the 7 Nottingham attendees has lost a foot then? And why do you want to measure the rest?

You northern boys are all a bit odd if you ask me...

I agree the extra foot would make it even.

:D  :D

"bring a tape measure"

"If you want to look at mine"

Kerry S

Sounds dodgy to me  :oops:  :D  :D  :D

OK the "double entendre" is alive and well :D  :D

Kerry S

Sorry couldn't resist, as usual  :D  :D  :D

Hi Ed, welcome to the nut house  :D  :D

Thanks for all the warm welcomes from everybody you all seem very welcoming.

I was looking at at 1600cc as thats waht i have in my car at the moment its a small car so it got not a bad bit of poke.

That was the only thing my idea was based on.

I have around a £6000 budget. Do you think i could get something middle of the road for that??? (excuss the pun) :oops:

Take a good look at the market at the moment.

I "know" of a few two litre 16 valve twin cam cars that have sold for 6K in the last few weeks.

The asking price is not nessasarily the selling price.

Welcome to the WSCC BTW

Have fun.

Chaz.

So which one of the 7 Nottingham attendees has lost a foot then? And why do you want to measure the rest?

You northern boys are all a bit odd if you ask me...

I agree the extra foot would make it even.

:D  :D

:D  :D  :D

Kerry S

There's probably twice as many Westfields for sale now as there was this time last year, So your £6000 should get you a very decent car.

Try a couple and go from there, Take a few passenger rides with local members and then you can decide if a 1600cc car will suit your needs.