vehicle inspection

bob648

First of all, just passed sva. Cheers to everyone with all the tips.

Got an inspection on Tuesday at brum. Was wondering are you able to drive the car there as like the SVA. Some lady  at Swansea says yes if you have MOT/Insurance, but a leaflet I got at the registration office in Brum said not, says the vehicle has to be "carried" or trailered to you and me.

Congratulations on the pass.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a definative answer to the DVLA question, it seems like each office seems to have it's own opinion and way of handling the situation. I think all you can do is go with the policy of the office you're using.

I had my DVLA inspection at Birmingham a few weeks ago. On your appointment letter it clearly states that it should be carried :down:

Inspection took all of ten mins. Get there a bit early if you can, I did and the guy was pleased as he could then go home early.

HTH

Hi Flappa,

What was the DVLA inspector looking for?

Do you reckon I could start the road to race car conversion before I get it registered but after SVA?   ???  I mean as long as the bodywork is on and no roll cage.

Anything to save time at the moment.

Ta

Geoff

:)

The police came round to inspect mine on behalf of the DVLA and apart from checking the engine and chassis numbers, all they were interested in was listening to it run (V8).

Darren  :t-up:

Fair enough :)

I can at least start cutting bonnet & nose for airflow & filters. Worst case scenario I can cover edges with rubber.

Ta

Geoff

DVLA inspector isn't inerested in the build quality, he is only interested in the numbers and that nothing is stolen etc etc so your mods will be fine if you have passed SVA already :)