Another wheel question..

Steve R

Be careful of heavy duty wheel twatting. Ally wheels can fracture if you load 'em up wrong. Get car up in air; grip weheel tyre really tight (bearhug kinda style) and rock it on the hub after a healthy dose of WD40. should come off

Well, he said he was going to try on the 10th, and today is the 14th. Does someone want to check his garage and see if he's lying unconsious under his wheel?

nunney it harder!

Most tyre places have 6ft steel bars just for this kind of thing - like when your main dealer doesn't put any copper grease on your hubs during a service.

Mike

Big copper/hide mallet does the trick and next time make sure the wheel pushes on so it's flush with the hub by hand

If the wheel is tight going onto the hub it probably won't torque up correctly and will work lose in a month or so we get this a lot where i work, people get a knock when cornering a month or so after having tyre fitted and are shocked when you can turn the wheel nuts by hand  :D

PlusGas is waaaaaaaay better than WD40 in this sort of situation.

moomin

if its tight going on its pointless using anything other than a FBH  ;)

Sorry to keep you all in suspense  :D

Yep, just got back from Le Mans - had a fantastic week.

For the record, I did manage to get the wheel off eventually.  Used a combination of an overnight soaking in WD40 (the car, not me) then used a large block of hardwood and a steel faced hammer to bash it off.

The shock of using the hammer and wooden block was eventually enough to shift it unlike the rubber mallet I tried previously.

Thanks for all the "nunney it really hard" advice, much appreciated!

Steve.