Thames Valley Events over next 2 weeks!

Neil H

Hi All.

Does anyone have any thoughts, or interest, in any of the below events coming up in the next couple of weeks? If so drop me a mail or post your replies.

SATURDAY 18TH JUNE

THE BULL AT STANFORD DINGLEY (NEWBURY\THATCHAM WAY)

Monthly meeting at nice country pub for all sorts of classic cars and anything interesting (us?). Organised by car loving landlord, from what I understand. 12 midday till 3-pm. Nice country road there and back.

SATURDAY 25TH AND SUNDAY 26TH JUNE

GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED

I'm seeing if I've won (via the Times-online), or can get cheap tickets for Saturday. Fancy making journey in Westie. Anyone else going, and on which day?

SATURDAY 25TH AND SUNDAY 26TH JUNE

CURBOROUGH

A real dilemma with Goodwood being the same weekend!!! Saturday's a good day for Curborough with open track, evening events and camping (are they still on this year?)! Will be going Sunday at least (more than likely heading up in the morning). Would I be mad in thinking I could make the journey Saturday evening, after Goodwood, to camp over? Then again, maybe no tickets'll turn up for Goodwood.

SATURDAY 2ND JULY

COMPTON CLASSIC CAR AND VILLAGE FETE (NEAR PANGBOURNE\THATCHAM)

Not got many details, but nice countryside location and roads. Decent pubs in area. Either some of us can visit or maybe even exhibit our cars? I'll be travelling back from Wales later that day, so will miss out! Is anyone else willing to organise\coordinate?

SATURDAY 2ND JULY AND SUNDAY 3RD.

MEET THE CHELTS WSCC AREA.

Tony Sighe and the Chelts guys organising a big meet up with a Cotswolds Scenic Run and BBQ on the Saturday. Camp over into Sunday. Again, I'm travelling back from Wales that day so will miss the event! I still have previous e-mail replies from those who originally said they'll go - please confirm and I'll organise something.

Cheers,

Neil

Hands up for the 18th, subject to the previous race car caveats.

I'll be at Curborough all weekend so I'll have to miss the F.O.S.

Thumbs up for Meet the Neighbours, subject to finding a nearby B&B, and subject to me actually starting to make a plan for that weekend some time soon....

It's about creature comforts. I'm happy to eat, drink and play in a field, I'm less happy to sleep in one unless it's in France in June and there's motor race happening within walking distance...