Anybody got a flaring tool...

Steve R

Help!  Does anyone in the Warwickshire area have a brake pipe flaring tool I could borrow for an evening in return for some beers or similar?

I have gone for a brake upgrade from Westfield on my starter kit - twin master cylinders and a bias bar.  Trouble is, this 'upgrade' means that the ready-flared brake pipes don't fit the master cylinder threads.   :arse:  so I need to re-flare after fitting some different threaded ends.

Oh, and it looks as if you can't fill one of the reservoirs with brake fluid without first removing the lower column.  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:   Great bit of design that is!

Edited to add I'm near Leamington Spa.  Warwickshire is a big area!

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

(07718 629202)

Oh, and it looks as if you can't fill one of the reservoirs with brake fluid without first removing the lower column.  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:   Great bit of design that is!

Why not fit remote reservoirs?

Yep, I think that's the easiest solution.  

Just a bit miffed that a £250 upgrade has meant I get a bag of bits that don't fit together properly.

Ebay is your friend, assuming Westfield can't help ease the pain a bit. Have you asked them?

I'll be giving Westfield a call to see if they can help.  I thought it may be easier and quicker to just do it myself with a flaring tool.  

The correct threaded ends did come in a bag of bits, just not fitted to any pipework.  Therefore it must be a known problem that the standard ends on the pipe don't fit.  Don't suppose they sell many of these sorts of brake set-ups as I haven't seen it advertised anywhere (except on the 'Racecar is Born' car).

Steve.

Steve,

I have a flaring tool you're welcome to borrow.

I work in Warwick (Heathcote ind est) but live in Northants

Let me know (07967 651820)

Ian

Many thanks for all the offers of flaring tools - I think I have now got one sorted.  :t-up:

VX2L16V - interesting thread which I had previously missed.  I have exactly the same problem with the reservoirs, even with no spacer fitted to the column.  I wondered if it was just a problem with the BEC chassis pedal positions, but obviously not.

Think I'm going to remote mount them both on the chassis side rail out the way of the column, gear linkage etc.

Thanks again,

Steve.