Help!!!! Where do these go?

FlatSix2003

I can remember being told that the washers (there are 2 of them) in the piccy were very important but can't for the life of me remeber where they were supposed to go..... Can anyone shed any light on this, I've been wracking my brains for the last 3 hours!

:durr:  

Cheers,

Jon

4138.jpeg

I had only one in my kit and was told it was for the handbrake cable .It went on the passenger side cable where it is attached to the chassis near the handbrake lever. Was told it was a sva requirement.

I have one in my kit and had been trying to work out where it goes, can you post a picture of it fitted please ??

Thanks

Steve

Sorry no pics . My westy is running sierra calipers and this clip holds the cable as i said on the passenger side , opposite the handbrake cable adjuster.If your setup is the same as mine ,where the cable passes thro a piece angle iron at the top of tunnel just to the rear of the handbrake lever. I was told it is stop this side of the cable coming addrift. Hope this makes sense to you.

Peter,

Great explanation, many thanks

Steve

If you got a build manual then if you locate the page about hand brakecable there is a pic of the cable attachment. If you locate outer cable adjustments then it goes in the non adjustable side of the cable right hand side of the said angle iron locating the outer plastic part of the cable.

Thanks guys, had a look at the bonnet locks and they do indeed have something very similar, goldish in colour though. Will also have a look at the handbrake cable later.

My list of to do's is getting longer not shorter!!!!!!

Cheers

Jon

they are deffinatley for the handbrake cable. Its fits between the bracing and a grommet at the back of the handbrake.

[/me_too]  :blush:  :down:

See this thread, almost same issue thread

Absolutely definitely, handbrake cable.

Kerry S