sdv kits

bob648

do not believe everything wf sell you is correct. Car just failed SVA again 2nd time.

1st time. As the sdv model is wider than normal by about an inch either side (wide arches) this makes the head lamps too narrow and not the 400mm from the widest part of the car, this also makes the indicators incorrect.

Phoned wf they said "oh yes you will need these extra brackets for the headlamps and these spacers for the indiactors".

Re-test and £30 more, failed again. On what i here you asked,well indicators still 10mm short and the headlamps vibrate too much.

Booked another re-test £30 again will be making my own brackets and will be phoneing wf.

One mift of customer.

I had no problem with my SDV on these points.....didn't know they were an issue       measurements weren't taken on mine

westfield must look into this surely........ good luck to you...  :down:

had the same on mine last year on the SDV for the SVA, i had 2 spacer brackets made up about 75mm long, wrapped around some rubber trimming over the join and passed ok.

Westfield didn't have a fix for it a year ago!.

My car also failed on this in 2000 long before the SDV was thought of. Westfield changed the moulding to make it wider. The problem is in the interpretation of the requirement. Common sense says that the 400mm from the outer edge of the indicator to the edge of the car would be measured from the front wings but oh no, the jobsworth who measured mine dropped plumb lines down from the outer edges of the body in various places and then drew a four side box ( not a rectangle 'cos it aint even all round! ) and used the widest extremities as the datum points.......