SVA dates...

geofff

Hi All,

Originally (way back in April) I had a conversation with the SVA man at Birmingham (Paul) and he said that they were running at a three day waiting list for tests.

It's now TWENTY ONE days   :down:   Best I can do is the 21st in Brum or 16th in Bristol.  

Anyone know any other test centres doing better?  ???

Taunton nope, Cardiff and Shrewsbury I've left messages and Southampton is the 13th but I ain't going there - not after what you lot have said about the place  :suspect:

Ta

Geoff

P.S.

See my new avatar! It's finished for SVA but not for racing  -  yet  :D

Knnow it's abit of a way for you, but try Nottingham or Derby. Short lead times in winter tend to extend as warmer weather comes and more folks want their cars on the road. At start of May, factory were taking car to Derby as their usual Shrewsbury centre were on long lead times.

Kerry S

Hi Kerry S,

I just rang Leighton Buzzard and although they said they could do it the week beginning the 13th they wouldn't give me an appointment without the 'paperwork'. I think I'm going to run up against the bureaucracy if I change VOSA centre (orignally booked for Brum) as well as date.

I'm going to settle for the 21st June. I think entering the July races at Thruxton and Donnington is unlikely now  :(

I think I'll just have to settle for a couple of races at the end of the season and lots of track days before next year.

Ta

Geoff

:)

I think I'm going to run up against the bureaucracy if I change VOSA centre (orignally booked for Brum) as well as date.

Provided they give you the certificate at the end you should be fine.

Hi predawson,

Not the MAC for registration purposes but the 'booking' documentation for my VOSA test.

By the sound of it the booking system isn't computerized. It'd be a fax over the job forms to the knew centre. Then they'd have to contact the central DVLA to tell them which centre is doing the test. Simple in every day life but this is a government dept. - hassle. Apologies to all efficient civil servants :) Anyway I was only buying myself one (working on car) day at best. Not worth it.

Ta

Geoff

Bear in mind at Birmingham you'll have to take it back to the other VOSA site at Elmdon trading estate (by the airport) for the DVLA inspection. If you talk to them now you may be able to organise this for the same day and save another trip.

It would cost you more but you might consider an out of hours test for SVA :)

HTH

Hi Flappa,

I was thinking of stopping of at Worcester VRO on the way back and trying to get them to register it there and then.

From what I've read on the board I have a small chance. What do you reckon?  ???

Ta

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

There's always a chance I guess ???

Just avoid Birmingham if you want to sort it quickly. I eventually had my DVLA inspection last Thursday and I'm STILL waiting for my reg. I chased them yesterday to be told that it was on its way :0  :0  :0