Air in the brakes

Grizzlee

My 10 year old daughter is has got huge muscles in her left leg   :D

Training her to be a rally driver, are you?

There's a thought.....

The reality is she's just too short to reach the pedal, so has to lie down with here head on the seat back. :D

As Blatters has said, air can enter via threads in bleed nipples. I bled mine with a Mityvac that sucks fluid through rather than pressurising it through, and I had to remove each bleed nipple, put PTFE tape on threads and replace to stop air getting in that way.

My 3 week old car has soft pedal travel but the brakes are getting better.

Kerry S

...errr...this may sound stupid but after I'd had my brakes done (by someone else :blush: ), they felt spongy on the test drive.

I returned the car to be told, "...don't worry, they'll bed in."

I had my doubts, especially as they didn't feel any different after the 60mile journey home.

However, they pedal did harden, much to my surprise, over the next few blats.

HTH

are you sure you just havnt got used to the pedal??

i convinced myself  mine  were  better   next morning also.. but they were much harder after bled properly..

ask a women to try it  .. they have a 6th sense for telling if is harder after being left for a while     :devil:  :devil:  :0  :0  :0  :0  mine never is    :down:  :down:  :blush:  :suspect:  :oops:

Update

Last night I tried both the Easy Bleed and pumping the pedal and it worked  :t-up:  Got quite a slug of air out and the pedal is much firmer now.

There is still quite a bit of travel but this is reduced a lot with the handbrake on, so next job is checking out the adjusters on the drums.

Thanks to everyone for your help and input  :)