Ducted nose

michaelc

The manual says fit the nose before fitting the indicators. That seems counterintuitive to me.. other people's experience? Also, just three screws into rivnuts to hold the nose on? wont that stress the GRP a bit? Or do I use very big washers to spread the load?

Due to current sva you're gonna have to measure up/fit your indicators with the nose on to ensure you get them the right height.

You'll be taking the nose on and off at reasonably regular intervals when you get tinkering anyway so it just becomes part and parcel of having the car.

With the nose mounted as reccomended you'll have no problems with stress on the grp

That implies that the reference point to measure 'the right height' isn't on the nose itself, as it says in the manual, but to something external? (presumably the road?)

At the risk of being made to feel stupid, how far exactly from the tarmac would that be? - 'cos I can't find any reference to tarmac in the manual.

Ages since I went to sva so don't know what the rule is now. Plenty of people have though so someon will be along soon I'm sure. Failing that call the factory for current info

With the suspension set to the ride heights in the manual and the indicators fitted to the nosecone in the position noted in the manual, the car will pass the SVA test on this parameter. That nose cone will be off and on like a ******'s draws during the build and subsequent fine tuning of the panel fit. The three rivnut fittings will be absolutely fine and long term ( mine is on it's 5th year on the road ) the glass fibre will handle it perfectly.

Min height for indicators is 350mm to lower edge of illuminated surface (accepted to be the reflector).

Not a ducted nose, but I used 3 Dzus fasteners to hold the nose on our car 14 years and many miles ago and it's still doing just fine.

HTH