Best place to get..

Boomy

..myself a decent rivet gun, but more importantly those poppers/fasteners (whatever they are called) that hold the boot tonneaus in place.

I made a proper hash of trying to fit 2 new ones so need to replace them.If i can't get ones that look the same i will just get a full set and do new ones all round.

Westfield do all the poppers and fasteners you wil need.I ran out the other day and were kind enough to put some in the post FOC.As for rivet gun.Are you having issues putting the poppers into the gelcoat,as you know there are special rivets for doing this job?

Damn, didn't see anything on the westy site, only the covers.I just ordered some bits from them aswell..i will have to mail and ask!

As for the gel thing....erm, pretend i am new and have no idea what you mean? ;)

gelcoat = fiberglass = your bodywork ;)

Ohhhh THAT gel coat : p

Erm no i had no idea you need special ones, or is that a newbie wind up? (have to check, i'm sure you understand) :D

We were just using a normal rivet gun jobby with the ones that came with it.I won't begin to explain what exactly went wrong or how, but let me just say the rivet gun is still hanging off the back of the car as i speak awaiting some serious hacksaw action to remove it lol.

I have had many many pop rivet guns over the years and undoubtedly the best is one I got from Axminster tools, they have a website if you google. It is made by bear or is called a bear cannot remember which, it basically differs from cheaper ones by having three jaws to grip the rivet instead of two. You get an even pull and the nose of the gun is small so gets into the ends of poppers etc. Not cheap about £50 but really the dogs dangley bits.

I have broke a number of riveters in the past I now have a ingersol rand air riveter (from ebay) which is ace and a beargrip (could be the same make as the one jeff mentioned ?) hand riveter which has been the best i have had

:D this was purchased from a local quality tool shop  :D

gelcoat rivets,split into three 'fingers' and put less pressure on the body and hold the fasteners,unlike the normal rivets which can crack the body and leave the fixing loose.Ask the factory for some.