Throttle Bodies, ECM etc

Steve20

Will soon be needing a set of TBs, ECM etc for a 2.0 litre Zetec. The one thing I have decided is that I will not be using Webcon, however I am not sure what to go for.

Thoughts to date are either Emerald or the MBE package from Westfield but want to make sure I select the best value for money and ease of installation.

Appreciate views/advice.

Thanks

Steve

I've got the Westfield MBE but not yet started, very easy to install, they come all made up ready to bolt on.

Give Scholar Engines a call, I bought a full kit from them 18months ago - MBE967 ECU(pre-mapped), throttle bodies, manifold, fuel rail, injectors, loom, sensors, etc, all the bits you need. Came in around £1300-1400

not that many tuners can map an emerald set up unlike mbe which is fairly easy to find someone to map it or you can use adaptive mapping if you buy the correct lambda sensor.

not that many tuners can map an emerald set up unlike mbe which is fairly easy to find someone to map it or you can use adaptive mapping if you buy the correct lambda sensor.

What mud said, plus the software and ECM seems of much better quality than the Emerald stuff I've seen. Plus I've heard several stories about Emerald not working properly

And of course the MBE doesn't have a propensity to blow its output transistors with alarming regularity does it...Ooops yes it does.

And of course the MBE doesn't have a propensity to blow its output transistors with alarming regularity does it...Ooops yes it does.

And MBE aren't likely to claim to have never seen that happen before either... are they? :devil:

definately omex engine management £500 and jenvey throttle bodies, excellent performance and save yerself £400.

definately omex engine management £500 and jenvey throttle bodies, excellent performance and save yerself £400.

Save £400 over what? Emerald is not £900.

Not sure the omex is £500 these days either :-) And its sold by an nasty person who tried to stop me being purveyor of affordable wideband technology to the masses.

The simple answer is: If you are not going to learn how to tune it yourself then go with whatever the nearest tuner you trust is happiest with. If you are a card carrying propeller head like me then you build a megasquirt and laugh at the amount people pay for a built up unit from any of the OEMs.

And FWIW having seen the inside of an emerald, the quality of design is not a problem.

Bill

Emerald have been very helpful in providing me with the right software to access my relatively ancient, apparently DOS based ECU.

So what's a megasquirt?