Sva form

gatecrasher

Hi all, just filling in my sva form and could do with some help on two things??

Maximum design road speed     mph?

Maximum power engine speed   rpm?

Im running a 2.0vx

Any help would be great

Thanx Si

I put on mine maximum road speed 120mph and max power at 5250rpm. You just need to make sure that the tyres are rated above the stated road speed on the form.

Jeff

Thanx Jeff. the only thing i was worried about was the noise, i thought whatever rpm you put down, was how much rpm they gave it, to do the noise test ?

Si

Going through the same pains, but bit confused about the max power claim....so this isn't checked at SVA then? no proof of power output is required? Just the rpm quoted has to be JUST believable?

Andy???

I am pretty sure if you put down a reasonable figure they will not question it. You could always look in the haynes manual if you are concerned, but in genral if your engine revs to 6000 rpm peak power will be before that for a normal road engine. Obviously if you put down 5000rpm for a bike engined car they would spot that one straight away.

• 1 month later...
And around £30 for the obligatory retest  :blush:

Jeff,

I went trough the same last year on SVA unfortunately I put down the Max revs (6400) in the toque box & subsequently had the noise tested at 4800 revs. (75% 0f max) & I failed at 104Dbs. The test officer was very good & explain the figure for a 1800 Zetec should be more near the 5500, but had to fail it as the official forms stated those values to be tested at. An official letter from WFs sorted it out for the re-test  & it passed at 96Dbs. So don’t make the same mistake.

The advise from the other guys here is sound (no pun intended)

If it helps, the figures for my 1800 Zetec are:-

Max Speed 126mph

Max Revs 6400

Max Torque 5400revs

:- Tested at 4050 revs

Result: 96Dbs

Good luck with the SVA, I’m sure you have read all the comments on hear about preparation for the SVA, all sound advice.

Gray