Westfield repackable silencer

davew

We tested two cars at Oakington this evening with the Westfield repackable silencers on.

Mine (2ltr Zetec on 45 webers) made 89dba

Chris Finlay's car (2lt VX with 45 Webers) at 88dba

I think this is a little optimistic really but the Westy re-packable silencer is really quiet.

I'd recommend it.

Chaz.

At what revs?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davew

• adhawkins

• ChrisF

• Bazzer

We tested two cars at Oakington this evening with the Westfield repackable silencers on.

Mine (2ltr Zetec on 45 webers) made 89dba

Chris Finlay's car (2lt VX with 45 Webers) at 88dba

I think this is a little optimistic really but the Westy re-packable silencer is really quiet.

I'd recommend it.

Chaz.

At what revs?

4k IIRC

And at what distance from the exhaust?

4000rpm on my Vx at half a meter is up around 96-98dbA on a freshly repacked SBD silencer, so a sub 90dbA reading is seriously impressive *unless* it's quite a long way from the exhaust exit...

a sub 90dbA reading is seriously impressive *unless* it's quite a long way from the exhaust exit...

Or the meter isn't calibrated correctly...

Andy

Mine's a Dunnell / Techcraft repackable silencer on a 2.0L Zetec on TB's - tested on Saturday at Combe at 98Db (4500 RPM, 1 metre from exhaust).  Pics on my build site.

Spoke to factory today none in stock, reckon they will have some in about 6 weeks time.  Time to look elsewhere, think I may go for a Wunoff.

I've used a Wunoff and they're very good as well  ;)  :D _ if you gotta go through SVA ask for "rolled edges" to the tailpipe  ;)  :D

My Vx was tested at Oakington at 4K - 1m....I was surprised at how low this was  ;)

Or the meter isn't calibrated correctly...

I hope it was...Liam is a silverstone marshall and ought to have the correct equiptment  :p  :D

Yes it was a meter at 4K

Mine tested the same at Oakington last year as well so i don't think Liam's noise meter is iffey.

Chaz.

Ok, it wasn't my intention to suggest that he might have dodgy equipment.

However, I've seen so much variation between noise meters that I don't know what to think any more...

Andy

Took the plunge and ordered a Wunoff 6" repackable silencer in brushed stainless steel, about 2 weeks lead time.  Should look great.

Around the £200 quid mark I think, perhaps a little more.

Andy

Hi

I have a Wunoff can & am very impressed both with the can & there service. You should not have a problem with noise. From memory mine sva'd at about 96db Zetec on throttle bodies.

As you are going through sva Ask Bob about the edges of the can at each end as mine were too sharp! Bob does know about this I spoke to him & e'mailed him pictures of my solution. He was intending to look into it. As this was last september you may be in luck. On the good side I did not have any probs with the tail pipe. & Yes around the £200 mark is correct.

David    :D