Westfield repackable silencer

davew

After failing sva because of loud exhaust (108db) with a second hand standard westfield silencer.  I have been looking at the new westfield repackable silencer, however I can only find one post about it.

Who's got one and what sound level do you get/engine spec.

I have a 2l zetec on twin 45's

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davew

• adhawkins

• ChrisF

• Bazzer

I think the "WunOff" repackable exhausts are popular on here as well?

<<< That car SVA'd at 98 dB with one and aVX 2.0 XE with Throttle Bodies.

Bigger the better really.

If you are planning on doing track days save your self cash and go for a 7" x 30" can now, which is pretty much as big as you can fit in.

If you dont you will only end up replacing the one you buy now with a bigger one.

Cheers

Bazzer

Raceline and Raceco seem popular... they are monsters but do the job.

Just ordered a Raceline 7.25" dia. x 80cm for my Blade...

Yep thats the ticket.

I have a Techcraft which works noise wise, but I know some people on here have had problems with welds braking though.

Bazzer

We tested two cars at Oakington this evening with the Westfield repackable silencers on.

Mine (2ltr Zetec on 45 webers) made 89dba

Chris Finlay's car (2lt VX with 45 Webers) at 88dba

I think this is a little optimistic really but the Westy re-packable silencer is really quiet.

I'd recommend it.

Chaz.

A remorgage and a westfield repackable silencer coming up then!  :D

Anybody got any pictures?  Is the mounting the same as the standard westfield mount?

Don't suppose anyone could post some pictures of how they've fitted the mounts could they? Had to bend mine about a bit to get them to fit, and now starting to wonder  :blush:

Fitted mine to westfield manafold without any bending got no pics can take some tomorrow

done a trackday three weeks ago 90 decibels 1800 zetec on throttle bodies

cisco :D

Had to bend mine about a bit to get them to fit, and now starting to wonder  

Mine was a bend it and amend it job  :bangshead:  

Westfield did tell me that the repackable silencer was not designed as a direct replacement as there are so many variants.

I had to fiddle about with the mountings and use some of the old mountings to make it all fit to my wesfield Vx manifold.

3675.jpeg

I've got the Westfield re-packable, Zetec 2.0 on 45s, I've not had it metered but it is pleasantly quieter than the standard can.

I had to fettle mine to fit - the angle of the pipe into the can didn't work on my car, it wanted the back of the can to go into the passenger area!

So I got an SS welder to cut and re-weld. Neat job, £20.

I foolishly didn't loctite bolts into can for conformal bracket. About 70 miles later I heard rattling and found thay had fallen out! Jury rig with wire coathanger as Sunday and no replacements available. Thought about taking on of other can end fixings out to substitue, but too short. Sourced some suitable replacents and bought some loctite.

John G

Does this silencer avoid the need for the heat shield at SVA ?