Setup

Raymond Y

Spent a most enjoyable six hours at Northampton Motorsport on Monday watching Troy do a 4 wheel laser alignment and rolling road session on my 1800 Zetec powered Westy.  As suspected the back wheels were not pointing in quite the right direction.  Car now feels much more secure and the back wheels actually feel as if the want to follow the front ones round corners now.  The rolling road session has improved the mid range and throttle response significantly.  Interestingly, Troy had to take out a significant amount of ignition advance in the mid range (Westfield supplied Alpha 3D) to stop the engine pinking.  With the new jets fitted (135 mains 180 airs & 55 F9 idle) and the ignition map altered, the car produce 147bhp @ 6200 and 130 lb ft @ 5200.  By the way, it is true, your first rolling road session is a frightening experience.  Standing beside your pride and joy whilst it is put through it's paces is not for the faint hearted.  I can recommend the services of Troy at Northampton Motorsport, a friendly and thoroughly professional outfit.

I am now one happy bunny with a well sorted car to enjoy this summer.   :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Good stuff :cool:  I highly recommend these guys as well, Troy and Steve certainly know there stuff.

I took mine there a couple of weeks ago to be setup and the difference is unbelievable. My standard pinto with 38dgas carb made 106bhp and 120lb/ft after a little tweaking. Its now pretty quick and a lot nicer to drive.