• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wacomuk

• Terry Everall

• scott beeland

• Mark Stanton

Seconded. Hugh and Susie are very nice folks. If you ring them, tell them Blatman said Hi...

Forget all this tuition lark. You will still want more from the car and then you will be back to square one again.

John

Have you thought of doing an advanced drivers course atall?? If you go down to your local nick and ask them there they should be able to point you in the right direction. That should improve your road skills and get the most out of your ability. then you can decide how much more power you will need. You can even get a discount off your insurance with some companies with the advanced drivers qualification which is a bonus!

:D Crease!

The poor guy asks how to get more power and ends up being told he's a useless driver!

Im used to driving quick cars and I know how to handle a car  (iv had motorbikes and go-karts since I was a nipper)

the car performs well round the twisty but get it on a straight say 4th and 5th gear over 90mph and it starts to struggle

aerodynamics may be ?

aerodynamics may be ?

more than likely how much quicker do you wanna go on the raod in a westy - they are made of plastic ya know  :D  :p

Ahhhhhhh - if it's top speed that's the issue then you will need to dump the windscreen etc. An Aeroscreen does make a significant difference to the top speed... I went from a full windscreen to an aeroscreen on my old Toyota engined car. Massive difference :D

Yep. My first car had a screen, the new one doesn't. The acceleration is noticeably better.

Oh, hold on, do you think an extra 60 BHP will have helped? :)

Andy

The suspension and handling are well set up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car was second in Class B last year

Only engine and gearbox have changed

Yes Tel Boy - but I'll bet the springs on the drivers side are a bit saggy :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

If I was going to spend 1k on a car to make it go better I would put a propper SCCR gear box in it beofre I touched the engine and with the cahnge book some track time to get used to it.

Rob

( Fair point on the springs Paul :D:D  )

So I need to lose a little weight?????????????????????

I haven't ordered you a small SS t-shirt Mr Everall  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  see if Mr Loud-one will swap if yours doesn't fit when it arrives  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D

XL is ok for me Mark. Young Edden might just squeeze into XL

Will yours be XXL????:p