What is wrong

the bear

Mr Ravins approach is to fit Lunch Control  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Mal, IMHO it will not be the tyres being new, mine have always worked straight out of the box. But maybe they were too high in pressure, I ran mine on that day at 11psig. Your suspension maybe too stiff as might your tension of your front ARB, if fitted. I disconnected mine.

Otherwise, it maybe your driving was to aggressive for that ice rink  :)  :zzz:

Ah Sorry

Having had a watch I would say that you need more time in the car practising quick starts ( Clutch Control ) and the fact that you are not running a slip diff.

I would not worry too much about the tyres cos as soon as you have run them in you would have to blame them for going off and IMHO its not realy as big an issue as you think.

BUT don't worry too much about it.  You need to answer this question.

DID YOU ENJOY YOURSELF ?

If yes the car did every thing right and just keep it doing that.  This was only your first event, don't invent ways of throwing cash at it just yet, drive it for a while on a few events and then decide where your cash will be best spent.

Then you can give it large in time for next season ! :p:p

it was an absolute blast :p  :p  :p

I am very competitive and will always want to improve.

Intersting info from Conibear, mine were at 16psi.

Will find somewhere to practice :t-up:  :D  :D

and a Happy Birthday for tomorrow you old fart  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: ave a good un  :D  :D  :devil:

A 234 cam has a power band to 7200 rpm so I would certainly be giving it more than 6000 rpm. Is your car live axle or IRS? If live axle, you can overcome the osr lighting up by adding some anti squat to the geometry. Have a read of a few suspension books and see what needs to be done.

John

1) Rev limit: yep, agree with John - your cam gives power up to 7k so don't waste it, and assuming you have a balanced engine in good condition, the engine will stand those revs (even a standard '64 cortina can run continuously at 6,500) without problems.

2) Technique: with std first gear (i.e. V low ratio) you need to practice 'granny starts' esp for the wet. Don't forget theres almost no weight on the back end, so traction is always hard to find in a 7.

3) LSD makes a big difference.

4) Quaife/TranX str8-cut close-ratio gearbox makes a big difference to startline performance due to the taller first gear. Well worth it if you can justify the cost.

Anyhow, its all part of the fun of competing: just getting your head around what the car is doing, and playing with things as much or as little as you want in order to be competitive  :t-up: