• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• david.c

• mb893

• Karl Woolf

i don't think so... but caterham were a long way behind westfield in offering a wide body. caterham seem to do a lot more development work than westfield, but thats probably why they cost a lot more. development work is not cheap... especially wind tunnels

I'm not knocking any manufacturer - but one thing to bear in mind when reading magazine articles on any car review is where the money is generated  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :)

All car manufacturers advertise in magazines and pay a lot of money for it  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  Do you think the same magazine would give a full open review with warts and all at the risk of losing wonga  :blush:  :blush:  ;)  :D  :D

"He who pays the piper, calls the tune"

Moi cynical  :)  :)  :(  :blush:  nope just a realist  :D  :D

Do you really think the smaller manufacturers can go to all the expense of wind tunnels and models  :(  :(  :(  It would cripple em financially and already high development costs would soar beyond many budgets  :(  :(  :D  ;)  unfortunate perhaps  :(  ;)

Actually, in the case of EVO, one of the regular contributors is a chap called Roger Green.

This is the same Roger Green that, until *very* recently, was Editor of Low Flying, the magazine of the Lotus 7 Club.......advertising budget may help, but having an "insider" probably hasn't done any harm.........

"How to move on from the seven - caterham has the answer"

Sorry but it looks exactly like - well a caterham seven with a few minor suspension tweeks to me.

Call me biassed but wind tunnel testing or not, atleast the XTR2 was a genuine change of direction.

David

Call me biassed

You're biased  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Ric, join the (excellent!;) mailing list at http://www.se7ens.net/ where someone has posted a link to couple of scans today (once you register, you can see past messages on the web interface).

I can recommend trying to get a hold of a copy of evo, thought, it's generally an entertaining - albeit not very technical - read.

-Marin

caterham seem to do a lot more development work than westfield

erm... really?

just my personal opinion...  :D

i could be talking out my  :arse: