Pics of first outing

StrikerBob

GuyH - hope you have fun with the sprinting, but believe me, it's much more fun when there are 20-odd other idiots heading for the same corner at the same time!!!!!!!!! :D

StrikerBob: get thee behind me!  --  I'm the principal of this team. Currently GuyH and I share a car, which is fine for sprinting; but racing would require one each!!!  :oops:  :p  :p  :p:D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrikerBob

• scott beeland

• I.S.M

• custardtart

I think you'll find that the holes on the side of your bonnet, are just holes, and are not forward facing. Therefore they'll either need a forward facing scoop (which may be banned as it alters the silhouette/aerodynamics) or they will need 1mm gauze - which is difficult to find.  The front of the nosecone (rad opening) and holes beneath are fine - no mesh required.

Also, I think you'll find that the MSA Blue Book specifies that the top of the helmet to the top of the roll cage should be 50mm minimum..... Worth checking (can't find mine at the mo)

"............air filters may protrude through the bonnet without the need for any cover but must have an effective seal between them and the bonnet................"

I'll argue the toss on this one, but if needs be, the several small holes can easily become one big one :D

Correct on the 50mm rule - drawing Q31 page 259...........

GuyH - hope you have fun with the sprinting, but believe me, it's much more fun when there are 20-odd other idiots heading for the same corner at the same time!!!!!!!!! :D

StrikerBob: get thee behind me!  --  I'm the principal of this team. Currently GuyH and I share a car, which is fine for sprinting; but racing would require one each!!!  :oops:  :p  :p  :p:D

Buy one each then tightwads!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p  :D  ;)

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Paul - the M5 wasn't mine - mine was safely hooked up to the front of the trailer!! :D  It was a chap off another message board I'm on.........

As for the rollcage height - yes - I have noticed that from the pics.

Not much I can do about it in the short term, other than to duck down if things start to go pear shaped!!!

GuyH - what motor have you got in yours? If by any chance it's an 1800 Zetec, you want to get out in the 750MC Championship................

Bob

Just get house of sykes to weld a hoop on your rollcage :bangshead:

Q1.5.4 on the 5cm from helmet to rollcage (found blue book)

Also note new regs on how to fix ballast if it applies - 4 bolts etc etc

Couldn't tell from the photos, but I couldn't see any air filters poking out of your bonnet side holes.  Your quote of the 750 regs is correct, and leaves a bit of manoeuvre, so up to you!!!!

Westfieldman - very kind offer mate, but think the distance is a bit much...........you over east coast way yeah?

Cleethorpes by the seaside

Westfieldman - very kind offer mate, but think the distance is a bit much...........you over east coast way yeah?

Cleethorpes by the seaside

Bob is from the green hills of saddleworth :cool:

beat me to it mr custard - i do feel a fool.

Better to feel a fool than feel a fat bird :p

What's wrong with fat birds!! Mike'no shafts' Ashton asked me to post this question as his PC is knackered....his bird sat on it!!  :p  :p

Buzz  :D

Buy one each then tightwads!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p  :D  ;)

Delicately put. Like it.

:D

Yes, it's called tube - you need to bend it, and weld it on :)

I just drive the thing! Can't be @rsed with all that making stuff!!:D

Just looking for the easiest/most cost effective method.

Striker Bob Top reply I like your  style!! we should have a drink sometime!!..by the way your car looks great!!

Buzz

:D  :D  :D

I would always take something like that to a certified welder anyway.   Safety is an area never to be short cut.

Hi Bob,

Nice to see another competitor in 750mc, at this rate most of the ss will be there soon :p

On a serious note Martin @ MK engineering is your best/cheepest option for roll hoop, only just down m1 @ maltby.

He can bend & weld to suit at same location, if you give him a bell. (he also speaks "the universal currency" if you know what i mean)

Are you @ 750 test @ mallory? if not how are you getting car pre-scrute?

if you need any help let us know & i will do my best to help, or give our kid a bell @ plays-kool.

Dave