• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrikerBob

• scott beeland

• I.S.M

• custardtart

Err...but his is below the height of the helmet...how daft is that? ???

IMG_1063.jpg

Andy

Cage height aside... it looks rather mean!  :angry:  :p  :D

Good to see other Striker perverts getting warmed up for the season.

Ours is still under the knife at the moment, so not sure if we are actually going to get to try it out before the 20th of March Speed Series start.  ???  :(

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Paul - the M5 wasn't mine - mine was safely hooked up to the front of the trailer!! :D  It was a chap off another message board I'm on.........

As for the rollcage height - yes - I have noticed that from the pics.

Not much I can do about it in the short term, other than to duck down if things start to go pear shaped!!!

GuyH - what motor have you got in yours? If by any chance it's an 1800 Zetec, you want to get out in the 750MC Championship................

As for the rollcage height - yes - I have noticed that from the pics.

Not much I can do about it in the short term, other than to duck down if things start to go pear shaped!!!

Well, it's your head.

And ducking is unlikely to work. Once you're upside down there'll be an inch or so of give in your harnesses too...

Andy

Scruters could easily spot it and potentially not allow you to compete  :down:  :down:  :down:

Scruters could easily spot it and potentially not allow you to compete  :down:  :down:  :down:

The guy who raced it before had his head poking above the roll cage and raced without problems.

BTW there were 2 drivers on the day - the purple helmet (!;) was worn by the other bloke who's a bit taller than me.

I was in the black helmet - marginally lower.

I'll just keep me 'ed down. It'll be reet!

On a more serious note, I'm taking the car to be "scrutineered" pre-season - so I can see what he says about it...................I'll keep you posted.

I agree with Mark, that is a potential failure at scrutineering. And yes, they do insist on you getting in the car at scrut.

Can you lower the seat at all? Or sit on the floor with a 2-pack foam seat for support (as I have/had) ?

Looks good though! Seems to be a lot of body roll......

On another note, where did you mannage to get the 1mm hole mesh to cover the holes in the bod work as required in the 750 regs ?

I'd be having a look at the roll bar as well though

Cheers

Rob

I'll just keep me 'ed down. It'll be reet!

........................... up to the point where it all goes wrong  :(  :(  :(  ;)