Xflow Engine

rich101

Hey all,

I've got quite a few bits off my car that are now for sale, the car has done approx 12500miles since this was all fitted.

1.7 Vulcan Crossflow 135bhp version

smokes slightly on startup in the typical valve guide seal way, and also needs the lower alternator bolt hole re-tapping or some other arrangement.  Other than that it was a good runner with no problems. (Ian/7SE has first dibs on this if still interested??)

Type 9 5speed box

Twin Weber 40s with manifolds for the above engine

Full Stainless system (4-1) for the above engine

The starter motor and alternator are also available, along with a few other ancillaries, I'm open to offers for all of it......

Have got pictures/video (with sound! ) of it in the car which I can email if anyone wants.

Rich

Intrested in the engine.

Please give me a ring on 07984 164184

Rob

Will a car with twin crosflows be as quick as 2 bike engines ? ???  :p

Hi Rob,

Have just spoken to Vulcan and they told me the details of my engine are the same as the one that they still do.

one quick copy and paste later!

The basic 110bhp - 'Blocks are bored and honed to use Hepolite +0.090” pistons'

'Big valve ‘Maxiflow 1’ head using 1.625” inlet valves, 1.340” exhaust, extra strong single springs.'

135 version has onto of the 110

'Kent 234 Camshaft and modified pistons for an increased compression ratio'

'Uses our Maxiflow1A head' which as far as I can tell just has double valve springs instead of single.

I'll double check the head this weekend that it does have the double springs, if so then it's a sign it is the same.

Think that covers it???

Rich

Dickie

Urm erm, not too sure off the top of my head - it's all back at my parents house. Depending on what other people want but there's the alternator/starter motor/fuel reg and erm some other bits I think!!

I'm still in the process of taking things off, but at some point in the not too distant future there'll be the diff/driveshafts/radiator aswell.

Was it anything in particular you were after?

Rich

Hi Andy,

Yeah the stainless is still available - think I was a bit hopeful on it's value to start with!

I'm open to offers.......

Rich

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.