Help with Rule Interpretation

Rich255

Please can somebody tell me whether a "standard" car with a 2 litre turbo engine (with a novice behind the wheel) would be classed as Group B, or Group F ? Rule 3.2 (para 4) seems to suggest a Class hike for Supercharged machines only.

I realise that the rules are now out of date and could change, but any experiences on this matter would be very much appreciated nevertheless. Thanks

Richard

I haven't read the regs recently, but isn't it anything with forced induction that gets a hike?

Could be wrong.

Andy

Rule 3.2 (para 4) seems to suggest a Class hike for Supercharged machines only.

There is a 1.4 (?) multipication factor for all turbo and super charged cars  ;)  ;)  :D This is used more often when turbo'ing or supercharging a smaller engine cc

As you would be in the 2.0l and over brigade there is no upper limit to cc - Class B does include V8's even and they're at 3.5, 3.9 and 4.0litre - all using List 1A tyres and full windscreens  :D  :D