V8 bonnet

newboy

Hi guys can you please offer me advice.

I am fitting body work and am not sure if the bonnet should be level with the scuttle or slightly lower. it is the V8 style bonnet and where it meets the scuttle behind the 2 air inlets it is not flush with the scuttle and slightly lower at the right side.

has anyone else got this type of bonnet and if so dose it fit flush with the scuttle.

Hi newboy,

Just finished my Seight build.  Found that the centre raised part sat very slightly proud of the scuttle and the bits either side are flush.  Was expecting the bodywork bit to be a nightmare but I was obviously lucky with the mould the body bits came from and it all went straight together.

Is the scuttle sat down fully onto the chassis/main bodywork?

Darren

Hi Darren

Yes the scuttle is on its locating pegs and firmly down on the tub. The centre piece of the bonnet is slightly raised But to the right the bonnet is alot lower than the scuttle. did you mesure exactly 400mm at the rear or did you have to ajust that mesurment at all.