WHERE ARE YOU FROM   ?

scooby

kev :cool: mind if i ask what you do for a living to afford all of that at the mere age of 20? being 21 and having nothing im desperate for ideas :D

The Sunday title is a manufacturing engineer :) I'm a machinist with rolls-royce, I served my apprenticeship with them and have been qualified and on shift for about 16months now.

I was born in West London 41 years ago. My parents moved to Banbury when I was 5. I moved to Kidlington 10 years ago.

I built a Locost with my dad in 1996/97, but when he and I both moved houses we lost garage space, so the Locost had to go.

It has taken me 10 years to get the garage clear enough in Kidlington to tackle another build  :p

Picked up a second hand Mazda SDV kit that had basically just been panelled out in October 2011, and am currently building like a madman  :D

Small world, ain't it - the first house I ever bought was in Kidlington!  32, Chorefields.

Is it still "the largest village in England"?  I think that was it's claim to fame.

I was born in West London 41 years ago. My parents moved to Banbury when I was 5. I moved to Kidlington 10 years ago.

I built a Locost with my dad in 1996/97, but when he and I both moved houses we lost garage space, so the Locost had to go.

It has taken me 10 years to get the garage clear enough in Kidlington to tackle another build  :p

Picked up a second hand Mazda SDV kit that had basically just been panelled out in October 2011, and am currently building like a madman  :D

Small world, ain't it - the first house I ever bought was in Kidlington!  32, Chorefields.

Is it still "the largest village in England"?  I think that was it's claim to fame.

Blimey! I live on the main drag not far from HQ.

I think it is either the largest or second largest - it sure is a big "village"

When did you move away?

kev :cool: mind if i ask what you do for a living to afford all of that at the mere age of 20? being 21 and having nothing im desperate for ideas :D

The Sunday title is a manufacturing engineer :) I'm a machinist with rolls-royce, I served my apprenticeship with them and have been qualified and on shift for about 16months now.

Fair shout to you sir :) wish i'd done an apprenticeship when i left school :arse: ahwell, you live and learn :oops:

Fair shout to you sir :) wish i'd done an apprenticeship when i left school :arse: ahwell, you live and learn :oops:

Don't worry young Echoz - I'm 45 and left University to join the Police - for the first ten years it was the best thing I did, now at 45 I wish I had finished my hons degree in Engineering.

The grass is always greener...........

Blimey! I live on the main drag not far from HQ.

I think it is either the largest or second largest - it sure is a big "village"

When did you move away?

All those coppers on your doorstep Gary.....!  No pressure there then!

Bought the house in Feb 1988, lived in it for a couple of years while I was at Brize Norton and rented it when we went to Cyprus for 3 years (tough old job - someone had to go).  Sold it in 1994 and moved to a forces quarter in Stanmore, Middlesex for a tour in the MoD IIRC.  That covers 3 of our our 15 houses to date!

Dom, 28 from Swindon.

Going through the rites of passage in building a 1.8 Mazda SDV

Born in Dulwich 58 years ago.  Educated in Croydon, yep where the riots were.  Student at Vauxhall Motors, Luton, Uni at Southampton.  Various jobs in engineering, production and more recently IT.  15 years now at Stewart, Jaguar and RedBull F1, and recently made a Fellow of the I Mech E.  Still wish I'd been a fabricator and spent my life restoring old cars....

From Middlesbrough, living in Billingham

Had a couple of Westies but currently rallying, will be back one day Im sure.

and recently made a Fellow of the I Mech E.  

Very nice, got my Chartership and Membership of the IMechE 2 years ago ... roll on FIMechE

... roll on FIMechE

Only took me 30 years to make the step from member to fellow...

Live near Wigan

and had the Duratec Westie coming on two year and love it!

its road going but the build is still in progress............. :-)

... roll on FIMechE

Only took me 30 years to make the step from member to fellow...

It'll fly by, they keep telling me.

With reitrement age now set at 75 there's plenty of time yet!