Coast 2 coast

scott beeland

Just adding my thanks to Si and Carla, great event.

Thanks also to the rest of the Manchester mob, plus Special thanks to Glen for getting me a gallon of petrol when i ran out on the M62  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• scott beeland

• neilwillis

• Nick.Petty

Being camera shy myself, I left it to the extrovert amongst us to talk the talk (well, after slipping easily past his V8 in my bog standard 2ltr Zetec on day one, I know he can't walk the walk ;) )

:D:D:D:D:D

Neil You really do live in a dream world!! See U at Malloy

As for the TV carry on. Once he asked for any of you to do a peace I was left standing on my own...no bottle. I must admit once the camera started to roll I shat myself. I was surprised how difficult it was and it will be crap I can assure you!!

Many Many thanks to Carla and Si and all your hard work and effort which I know for sure you did; was well worth it as it ran seamlessly for the whole event.

I did enjoy the event a part from the latter half of Friday evening and just before the start in St Bees where I spent 5 mins being violently ill but once my tummy had settled down I was fine

The run into Layburn was very exciting and the 5 cars in our group I could honestly say they definitely enjoyed it. Roll on next year.

Buzz

Up past Ribble Head to Hawes was a definite favourite, even though the skid plate on the gearbox fell off - bolts worn away!  

Saturday started with fog and rain over the Pennines, and the weather had dried for the start and was brilliant at the end.  

Si, Carla - thanks for all the hard work.  My only regret is that I am not yet booked in for next year's event.

John

I did enjoy the event a part from the latter half of Friday evening and just before the start in St Bees where I spent 5 mins being violently ill but once my tummy had settled down I was fine

And he went to bed at 11 o'clock. I reckon the Stena Stella challenge is all mine

i can safely say buzz did not go to bed at 11.00pm on the sat. night. i blame him completely for my headache on sunday am, - oh and tommo and graham brumfield didn't help on the attempts to stop sober stakes!

Had a fantastic weekend, loved every minute of it. - The run and the company was fantastic and i will definanately be there next year. Thanks once again to Si and Carla for their mammoth effort, - I'm sure everyone there appreciated it.

Neil, - when's the arrangements starting for the Spanish adventure??

Charlie.

I would just like to add our thanks to Si & Carla and for the good company over the whole weekend and friendly banter aspecialy from john who dubbed mick the Cream team all the best to everyone,from Davem,Mick,John,Richard & KarenTHe mob from Northampton.By the way we did close on 850 miles round trip no mishaps!

By the way we did close on 850 miles round trip no mishaps!

:down:

Playskool Paul has just booked me in for my post "hazard corner" impact...........damn sure my gearbox is air mounted at the moment  :(

Good solid repair on my exhaust can though :p

Just perfect: My third Coast 2 Coast and the best yet thanks to the incredible amount of hard work & detail put into the roadbook by Si & Carla.

Superb company yet again, thanks to everyone involved.

Fabulous to see the looks on the faces in towns when we all pass through in a big group (especially with the Xtr4 among us)

Thanks to he guy that lent me a 13mm socket & ratchet @ the Pencil museum to fix my alternator bracket- can't remember who it was. The tourists loved the cars - I had one taking pictures of my engine bay as I re-attached the alternator bracket.

Can I be put onto the list for the next one please.

On behalf of myself, my son Zach and those from Manchester who are busy preparing for le-man, I would like to give our huge thanks to both Carla and Simon for a fantastic weekend, great organisation, great company, great driving, great weather.

I couldn't think of a better way of running in a new engine, not sure i'll ever get the same economy again though :D  :D

Wow …what a weekend!

Admitedly…. my silencer nearly falling off before we even started wasn’t ideal  :oops:   but with the Manc crew rallying round and particularly Paul & Glen for helping to make a new bracket we eventually set off nearly 2 hours late.    :sheep:

The drive up on Friday was superb, especially with Scott B and PistonBroke glued to the rear of my car I can definitely say I’ve never driven so hard for so long  :p We reached the BlackBeck Inn with adrenalin fuelled grins, well and truly ready for a few Stellas.    :love:

Last year was good but this year Carla & Si excelled themselves with a few improvements making this the best C2C ever.  For those that haven’t been, the 2 days take you through the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales & North Yorkshire Moors, providing beautiful countryside and some excellent roads.   :cool:  :devil:  

A big thank you to Carla & Si for organising a top event and helping make the WSCC a club to be proud of.   :D

PS

.....even if it's only to find something Marcus can beat me at, coz it sure ain't drinkin'

well in my defense all I can say is that at least I lasted the duration :t-up:   although I do admit I couldn’t read any of the labels on those malt whiskeys by the end of the night  :suspect:

Hope to see you at Le Mans in a proper car rather than the Blackpool Bucket   ;)

I can definitely say I’ve never driven so hard for so long  :p

although I do admit I couldn’t read any of the labels on those malt whiskeys by the end of the night  :suspect:

)

Gotta 2nd that :D  :D

Thank you all for your comments on here and also in person throughout the event.

I can certainly say this was the best one yet. I enjoyed it all enormously and we're already trying to come up with ways to improve it again for next year.

Pictures, Video, Magazine article(s), Newspaper article(s), TV interview, all to follow but for now,

THANKS FOR BEING THERE

you all made the hard work more than worthwhile

Si & Carla