Coast 2 coast

scott beeland

I could only do day 1 of c2c :down: ; but I have to say it has been without any doubt THE BEST fun I have had in my car.

Friday saw the Manchester boys take a whole day blat to get up there. A delayed start for Marcus to repair broken silencer bracket (a theme was developing). Then some serious blatting through Bowland to get us up to St. Bees

Fri night at the Black Beck saw a few   :p  Stellas being sunk.

Sat am we got to St Bees; and the eventual number of cars (and a bike) oh and a Factory Supplied XTR4 driven by Ian Hyne (Kitcar mag) ready to go was about 50 :D

Before we got going Bernies exhaust bracket was replaced by his belt and someone ran into the back of Marcus; releasing the tub from its rear rivets.....Not enough to stop him though .

Small groups set of through some Fantastic :t-up:  :t-up:  :0

Lakeland/ Mountain Pass roads. As people stopped for petrol, weight saving photos etc the groups got various cars leaving/ rejoining which was great.

Further minor casualties were Manchester mikes Cycle wing Bracket (weld repair at stop 1  :D ) and bracket number 2 on the way to overnight stop :down:

Then there's me............... On  a bit of a Mountain blat I was group lead. A few too many mph saw the car somewhat at a loss for tarmac contact and a Very heavy landing :0  :(

felt like it had crushed the cars underside. Aquick check and all seemed OK.

Got all the way to Leyburn ....then noticed the silencer had ripped from the rest of the system. The impact inertia had also split the bonnet at manifold exit point.

Big run round from Windy and Paul Westfieldman found a local welder who for a TENNER :D  put it all back together.

After a rest stop at Leyburn myself and Bernie set off for the treck home.

A bit more blatting ensued......A journey back over some of the roads we'd just done. Then as we got to the M6 I noted a rather mobile cycle wing on my car. A quick look revealed a snapped bracket :down:

Gaffer tape at the ready and we made it back at reduced pace.

The damage? it's repairable :D  would I do it again? You try and stop me :D  :D  :D . Did I wanna stay and do another 400 miles....you betcha :D

To Si and Carla..........Thanks........A mammoth thing to organise......but they've got it 100%

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• scott beeland

• neilwillis

• Nick.Petty

oh and a Factory Supplied XTR4 driven by Ian Hyne (Kitcar mag)

Now everyone knows who the 'special guest' was at least :)

:t-up:

Andy

Yep....He's doing tomorrow aswell. seemed to be enjoying the xtr4's torque; but set up was a little firm for mountain passes  :0  :0

Had Windy for a passenger for most of the day :D

Had Windy for a passenger for most of the day :D

Bet there was a fight for who got to sit in that seat!

Andy

No not really. Most were driving/ navigating their own cars....Graham was just trying to stay out of his Astra :D

:)

Sounds like a good day...hope today is going as well.

Andy

1481.jpeg Day two was excellent, weather near perfect. I think the XTR suffered a little grounding damage, nothing serious. Big thankyou to Simon and Carla for the huge effort they've put into the organisation. :D  :D  :D When will the DVD be ready :devil:

Fantastic day. Manda and I realy enjoyed it. Only doing day two didnt do justice to the superb organisation, a massive thank you to Si and Carla

:D  ;)  :D

Also many thanks to those who helped repair the throttle pedal which came out of its mountings, killing the blat up Sutton Bank :zzz:

Just got back home, and I must say I, and everyone else I spoke to thought the whole event was excellent.   The organisation was detailed, and very thorough.   The road book was inch perfect, without a single error.   The routes chosen were challenging, varied, and excellent fun to drive.   The company was more than anyone could ask for.

I know I am not alone in wanting to thank Simon and Carla for what was a superb advert for the club, and it's members.

Top Event, and one that will be in my diary every year if I have anything to say about it.

Oh and if you're in Holland soon, look out for us on the telly.   Buzz Billsberry is now official spokesperson for the club, though if I were him, I'd not set my sights on Hollywood stardom just yet!   For those of you interested, I have been promised a copy of the footage on DVD.

Oh and if you're in Holland soon, look out for us on the telly.   Buzz Billsberry is now official spokesperson for the club, though if I were him, I'd not set my sights on Hollywood stardom just yet!   For those of you interested, I have been promised a copy of the footage on DVD.

Errr...more details required here I think Neil...

With Buzz as official spokesperson, will the club be disbanding soon? :D

Andy

More details?   That'd be telling......

We were parked out front of the Pub for the second day, and a guy wandered over with a professional looking camera, and wanted to film us for Dutch TV.   He was doing something on the events in the lakes, and liked the look of 30 odd sevens parked up waiting to go and eat road again.

Being camera shy myself, I left it to the extrovert amongst us to talk the talk (well, after slipping easily past his V8 in my bog standard 2ltr Zetec on day one, I know he can't walk the walk ;) )

Did I also mention Buzz's slight detour on day 2 when we suddenly took a left of the dual carriageway, leaving him struggling to get past an artic?   I did promise I wouldn't mention that bit too - these V8s do seem to struggle don't they!

:D:D:D:D:D

Oh God...who knows what the Dutch will think of the club now?

No track days planned at Zandvoort (sp?) I hope! :D

Andy

It's OK, no one will understand a word he's saying, they can't speak Yorkshire that far south!

He was wearing a Leeds cricket team tee shirt too (well, they can't play anything else there, so I thought it must have been cricket)

I reckon he'll be getting hate mail from the Yorkshire tourist board!

lol...arms across the borders eh? :D

Glad you (and everyone else) had a good weekend.

Andy