• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Wunoff

steve wilson

gave them a call today cos they do stainless(tony laws dont) and nearly had a heart attack. £900 and mild steel isnt much cheaper cos there is still the same amount of work involved. So it looks like i'll have to go to Tony Laws and then get it chromed. I no it turns different colours but it still looks better than m.s

If cost is high on the agenda, then try Chris at Custom chrome, tell him exactly what you want and you should get it. They are very flexible, but you need to give your exact spec ;)

Brian.

Steve,

Get mild steel. Seriously!

Stainless is much more brittle, and prone to cracking, especially with the buzz of a bike engine.

Mild-steel and camcoat it.

Cheers,

Al.

Seconded.

I had a stainless Xflow manifold crack and it went a grim colour after a while.

Exhaust on the VX is mild steel but cam-coated and it's just fine.  There was a recent thread about exhaust coatings - worth having a nose at to see what's available.

How about one made from inkanell. Just kidding. Cheers Al I'll go with mild steel and camcoat.

If cost is high on the agenda, then try Chris at Custom chrome, tell him exactly what you want and you should get it. They are very flexible, but you need to give your exact spec ;)

Brian.

Have you a contact no

I wouldnt touch Custom Chrome with a barge pole. They have had my business twice in the past and make a pigs ear of it both times.

If going for mild steel got Tony Laws. if going for stainless, go to Haywood and Scott. Pick someone who can do either sand bending or mandrel bending of the tubes. These places both can. Most places cut and weld and this impairs flow.

It might also be worth finding a Powerflow franchise nearest to you and let them have a look. They can make custom mandrel bent exhausts for the boy racer brigade and may be able to turn their hand to a Westfield. Worth a go. Look

here. You may need to supply your own silencer but a manifold should be achievable if you know what you want.

John

Steve,

Try JP Exhausts  - I was talking to a guy at Stoneleigh the other weekend, his manifolds were some of the best I have seen on a V8 SEiGHT with underslung exhausts - good price too accoring to the guy.

Here's the link JP Exhausts

Jon

Thanks jon.Im of to the kit car workshop open day this sunday so i'll pick some brains there but i think im gonna go with m.s and camcoat.

Steve

Got a Tony Laws race exhaust on mine - might not be the prettiest thing out there but sure does the job to perfection!

Can thoroughly recommend Tony Laws - excellent job, price and service! And no I aint related!!

cheers

Kevin