Twin bike engined Westy

timd

EDIT: £500 discount for WSCC members, or £500 finder's fee to any WSCC member who puts me in touch with a buyer.

DSCF0839-s.jpg

Reluctantly, this car is now FOR SALE. Don't miss your chance to own this super-quick, fully road legal Westfield.

Full car spec:

- Westfield SEi Wide body '99 chassis - heavily modified by Z-Cars in 2002 to accept the 2 engines and provide sufficient strength and stiffness to cope with the increased power.

- 2x Kawasaki ZX9R type B engines & gearboxes. Total power 304bhp, total torque 150lb/ft.

- Z-Cars supplied transfer box to combine and transmit drive from the 2 engines to rear diff and also provide reverse gearing. Now fitted with pumped oil cooling circuit and bearing retainer mods.

- Caged FIA/MSA Homologated T45 Roll Cage.

- Orange Westfield ZK bodywork inc. ducted nosecone, removable rear arches, cycle wings, and custom dash.

- RFX Revolution 15"x7" front, 15"x7.5" rear split rims.

- Toyo Proxes T1-S 205x50 front, 225x50 rear tyres.

- CAT Motorsport widetrack front suspension.

- Front and rear suspension is fully poly bushed.

- Wilwood 4 pot front brake calipers, with 280mm vented cross drilled discs.

- Wilwood bias adjuster knob in cockpit.

- Willans 4 point harnesses.

- 2x Tony Law exhaust manifolds and silencers.

- Quaife ATB rear diff in 7" Sierra casing using a 3.14:1 ratio.

- Westfield high efficiency alloy radiator as used on their V8 cars.

- 'Race' spec custom valved Avo dampers.

- 2x Bailey Morris custom propshafts, both with torque tubes.

- Sparco 260mm 'D' shaped steering wheel.

- TAS 2.2 turn quick rack.

- Elliot tachos.

- PlaysKool GRP seats.

- Custom designed/made Anti-Roll Bars.

- Additional engine oil coolers added to improve cooling for trackday usage - original parts can be supplied to return car to sprint/dragrace setup.

This equates to approx 500bhp/ton, 0-60 in approx 3.5seconds, 0-100 in approx 8seconds and a top speed of 145mph.

Complete ( exhaustive! ) car history, with hundreds of photos, is available on my website, documenting original build as well as the twin engine conversion.

This is one of the few widebody twin-engined cars around and is based on a '99 SEi wide chassis.

Considerable time and effort has been spent on this car improving it's performance, handling, and reliability over and above the "standard" Z-Cars spec.

Car is currently setup for fast road/trackday use, and is fully road legal. Taxed until October '04, MOT until May '05.

This is a lot of car for the bargain price of £13,950 ono

Please email tim@just-the-one.net or call on 0780 313 4725 for further info.

Sorry to see you selling it Tim  :down:  :down:  :down: sure would make a good car for someone  ;)

I shall be sorry to see it go, many sunday mornings spent driving around Norfolk in it....  Its a good'un, loads of work on tims part to make it a reliable car compared to how they leave z-cars..  Lots of work on cooling the transfer box and engines..

just dont buy something silly like a push bike and a smart car to replace it tim!   ;)

What are you replacing it with Tim?  Shame I haven't been able to see this car in the flesh, i was looking forward to it.

I'm sorry to see this. I hope you're replacing it with an FW400 or something, otherwise I'll be really upset.......

Not sure what it'll get replaced by yet TBH, I want to run only one car for a while, but it needs to be something that, a) I fit in, b) is RWD, c) is fun - oh and d) will get me to work every day, even when it's snowing! ;) Just after something a bit more "easy life" and road friendly for a bit, perhaps until Westfield start doing the XTR4 in kit form - that should be quite interesting..

But, I need to sell this one first sadly :( - so if anyone knows of anyone that has a need to scare themselves - point 'em this way! :t-up::D

so if anyone knows of anyone that has a need to scare themselves..........

My credit card bill does it for me, once a month at least.......

but it needs to be something that, a) I fit in, b) is RWD, c) is fun - oh and d) will get me to work every day, even when it's snowing!

Sounds like you're being tempted by something coming off one of the production lines near you......... :0:0:0

Sounds like you're being tempted by something coming off one of the production lines near you......... :0:0:0

Sadly, everything that comes off the production lines near me is designed around 4foot midgets. I don't stand a chance of fitting in. :(

Shame really as a VX220 turbo would fit the bill nicely! :t-up:

Tim,

Sorry to see such a unique car go, I just hope the new owner appreciates and he joins the "Club".

I'll advertise it on my website too if you like as I have a few pics of your car already on it's own page?

What do ya think???

Tigger

just dont buy something silly like a push bike and a smart car to replace it tim!   ;)

...and heaven forbid, anything practical like a Saab!

:p

Mark

What are you replacing it with Tim?  Shame I haven't been able to see this car in the flesh, i was looking forward to it.

Remove the block from my car to save me doing it  and it can be arranged.  Tim is local   :D

Sorry Mark :(  I owe you big time now tho.  I'll repay you at Curborough if you're going?

Tim - Good luck with the sale, it truely is a monster