Stoneleigh

bofus

Bit of a long shot, but I'm going from Bristol on Sunday.

Me too, let me know where and when.

Basic arrangement is leave Bristol at 8am. Not sure if that's time I'm setting out or aiming to pick my mate up from Redland. If you can make an early start then 8ish. It's a big show and we're only there for the day, so want to make the most of it.  

We'll be doing M5 to Worcester to get some miles out the way. 15 min stop at parents for a cuppa, then rest of journey is open to offers M or A roads.

Where are you starting out?

Cheers

Martin

Alternatively I think there are some from Cornwall who are planning on a staying in Chippenham on Sat night before heading on to the show on Sunday.

Martin

:)

I live in quedgeley about 2 miles from junc 12 M5, so easy access to A38/A40/A417/A419

Am I right in saying that the stoneleigh gates don't open until 10:00?

Gav

We're hoping to go on Monday. Weather permitting, we'll be in the Westfield. Current plan is to leave Swindon around 8-8:30.

Andy

Alternatively I think there are some from Cornwall who are planning on a staying in Chippenham on Sat night before heading on to the show on Sunday.

Martin

Not looking good for the weather so plans are looking dashed for the Cornwall group.  :(  :bangshead:

Yeah, weather is looking pretty grim at the moment. Things can change though, on Monday of this week, the forecast for yesterday (our local area meet day) was blazing sunshine all day...

Maybe things will change as drastically in the next few days?

Andy

Yep things may change but last year the trip back from Stonliegh was scary on ACB10`s in pooring rain at motorway speeds. The back end steped out on me twice in a strieght line :oops:

You should run sensible tyres then ;)

We're fairly lucky, only about an hour and a half from Stoneleigh (and my 539s should be Ok if it is wet...)

Would be nice if it stopped raining though :(

Andy

You should run sensible tyres then ;)

No chance they are too good when its not raining  :D  :p

Just had a call from organisers of Stoneleigh.

The WSCC outside parking area is very muddy - and they are concerned that:

1. Once a car is parked up it will get bogged down and

2. The cars and peoples feet will get extremely muddy.

so Emergency Plan A

For 2004 - WSCC members are to park their cars undercover in the Blackdown Buildings (same as 2003) Entrance is from 6th Street. With the marquee being sited immediately opposite just off the roadway.

Please spread the word - we will endeavour to put up some directional arrows, so slow down and keep your eyes open for them and ask  for info at the entrance gate

Weather forecast is for more rain on Sunday and Monday

Thanks

Mark S.

P.S. In 2005 it is highly likely that we will have a new stand elsewhere within the complex - due to the poor drainage of our current stand

Gav

I think the show is from 9.30, but don't quote me! ???

You're welcome to join my mate and I up the M5. My folks are expecting a very brief visit from me, and whoever else wants a quick cuppa. Aiming to be in Worcester sometime between 9 and 9.30 for 10 mins or so on Sunday.

Dennis may tag along or meet us as we leave Worcester. He's coming from Brislington.

I'll PM my mobile.

Cheers

Martin