Stoneleigh - traffic probs??

MartT

A friend travelled back from Leicester yesterday and got stuck in traffic due to roadworks at Junction 15 on the M40.

I guess most people will be on A or B roads for the final stint into Stoneleigh, but thought you might want to know.

Local map in case you want to refine your route

:D

Cheers

Martin

Are they on the motorway itself? Or the junction?

I'll be coming up the A429, crossing that junction.

Andy

AA mentions slip roads closed yesterday and today, so may be clear by Sunday.

I certainly got the impression that it was off the motorway.

:arse:

I guess we could use the B4087, which crosses the motorway near J13 by the looks of it.

Andy

Watch out on the A46 and M69 - more police there than anywhere else in the country.  And they have sneaky vans that they park on bridges above the road.  :(

Watch out on the A46 and M69 - more police there than anywhere else in the country.  And they have sneaky vans that they park on bridges above the road.  :(

Approached one of those sneaky vans positioned along the A14 on Saturday.  Beautiful sunny weather, hardly any traffic, long straight piece of dual carriageway with no junctions.  EASY PICKINGS

I was having one of my sensible days, kept to 60mph all along the dead straight piece of 2 way road, then kept to a humble 85mph on the dual carriageway (slowing down occasionally for the speed cameras) not expecting to see one of those sneaky vans.

b******ds  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

I use the M40 alot for work on the weekends and the road works are actually on the roundabout at J15 with all approach roads coned down to one lane, but because it's coming up to a bank holiday weekend they normally clear most of it away, so approaches should be O.K.

But, surely it was in an accident blackspot, not some straight bit of road so that they could catch as many people as possible?

Hmmm....

Andy

The Warwickshire police are usually out in force over at Stoneleigh for the weekend  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) be careful  ;)  ;)

They know there are a lot of fast cars in attendance and do target many of the local roads  ;)  ;)  :D  Its easy pickings for em.

The nearby A45 is choc-o-blok with speed cameras  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Just had a call from organisers of Stoneleigh.

The WSCC outside parking area is very muddy - and they are concerned that:

1. Once a car is parked up it will get bogged down and

2. The cars and peoples feet will get extremely muddy.

so Emergency Plan A

For 2004 - WSCC members are to park their cars undercover in the Blackdown Buildings (same as 2003) Entrance is from 6th Street. With the marquee being sited immediately opposite just off the roadway.

Please spread the word - we will endeavour to put up some directional arrows, so slow down and keep your eyes open for them and ask  for info at the entrance gate

Weather forecast is for more rain on Sunday and Monday

Thanks

Mark S.

P.S. In 2005 it is highly likely that we will have a new stand elsewhere within the complex - due to the poor drainage of our current stand