DERBY/NOTTS AREA NEXT MEETING

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

Next meeting  Thursday 29th April 7pm onwards at the Clock (formerly Hoskins Wharf) Shardlow.

As you approach Shardlow from the A50 carry on past the turn to the Old Crown, over the River and the Clock is on the left approx ½ mile along on the left.

Those of you who were at the area meetings a few years ago will know the place well.

There is plenty of tarmac parking and the place is very big inside.

We will be in the bar upstairs , and you can eat there if you wish.

Food is always on the go so there is no need to book in advance.

There is also a large function room on the top floor that the manageress will let us use when

we have a large gathering.

Hopefully see you there

Garry

If things go well on Thursday I would think we will stay at the Clock, at least for the summer.

Timing will be the last Thursday of the month.

Andrew Cooke is planning a variety of nortrherly meetings and I believe Shardlow is a good location for the main meetings.

The fact its only 5 mins up the road from me is neither here nor there!!!

The lady who runs the place now was keen for us to be there and offered the function room when we need it.

The building is an old grain warehouse and the top (3rd) floor is a huge room, well appointed.function room.

This will give us the ability to put on technical conference type events and even the odd video night. ( all things motorsport!! ) its probably good enough for a national gathering.

The Clock is well situated and arguably better for us than the Old Crown. Although I stand by the decision move to the Crown (5 years ago?) I understand the problems some of you have with the place.

Garry