Westfield on Autotrader

jeff oakley

This car was built by a friend of mine who is a thalidomide victim and after building he suffered recurring cancer. He is now in remission but sadly due to various operations he is never going to be able to drive it. The add gives more deatils but since a no expense build it has done just 500 miles.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408012394263?sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Westfield&page=1&postcode=bs377ut&fromsra

• Like 1

Touching story, good luck with the sale. :yes:

2 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

This car was built by a friend of mine who is a thalidomide victim and after building he suffered recurring cancer. He is now in remission but sadly due to various operations he is never going to be able to drive it. The add gives more deatils but since a no expense build it has done just 500 miles.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408012394263?sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Westfield&page=1&postcode=bs377ut&fromsra

I notice you are located in Yate, same as me. I'm guessing then you are talking about our good friend Dave aka Flipper? I'm sad to hear he is not 100%  Last time I saw him we bumped into each other in Ryman the stationery shop in Yate shopping centre. Great bloke, one of the most cheerful guys I know especially considering the challenges he's had to face. I must pop to his workshop and say hello. 

• Like 1

Yes it is Dave. I go down and help him out as there are things he cannot do but as you say he is one of life's great guy's. What he has had thrown at him over the years would have destroyed most but he just keeps getting back up and laughing.

Dave likes people popping in that is for sure his kettle is always on.

I didn't realise you lived in Yate but today I walked past another house with a red and black Westfield so there appears more about these days.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jeff oakley said:

Yes it is Dave. I go down and help him out as there are things he cannot do but as you say he is one of life's great guy's. What he has had thrown at him over the years would have destroyed most but he just keeps getting back up and laughing.

Dave likes people popping in that is for sure his kettle is always on.

I didn't realise you lived in Yate but today I walked past another house with a red and black Westfield so there appears more about these days.

I will go and see him. I've dropped by before but never seem to catch him there. 

No idea who the red and black Westie belongs to. There are loads around that we don't ever see I'm sure of that. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.