Washing your Westy

Craigieboy

Just wondering how you guys clean your cars?

I've had this stuff on the shelf for years, I got the concept, but just never got on with it in practice.

Just didn't feel right not soaking your car with loads of water, but I've got to say it's been absolutely brilliant on the Westfield.

Can wash the car in the garage which is a bonus, no hoses to bother about.

20240726_104826.jpg

20240726_104833.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dvd8n said:

I just rinse mine off with a brush on the end of a hose.  I reckon that it'll soon be dirty again anyway...

D

Wouldn't trust myself with a hose, the carpets are still drying from the soaking they got from the coolant 🙄

1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Wouldn't trust myself with a hose, the carpets are still drying from the soaking they got from the coolant 🙄

Carpets? What are they? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

Would they add too many grams :no:

• Haha 1

I use the hose on low pressure and just washing up liquid. The cheapest of cheap from Aldi. Dried with microfiber cloths and polished with Demon Shine. 

Always looks fine to me. 

20240705_110351.jpg

27 minutes ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

I use the hose on low pressure and just washing up liquid. The cheapest of cheap from Aldi. Dried with microfiber cloths and polished with Demon Shine. 

Always looks fine to me. 

20240705_110351.jpg

Looking good 👍 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Just wondering how you guys clean your cars?

I've had this stuff on the shelf for years, I got the concept, but just never got on with it in practice.

Just didn't feel right not soaking your car with loads of water, but I've got to say it's been absolutely brilliant on the Westfield.

Can wash the car in the garage which is a bonus, no hoses to bother about.

20240726_104826.jpg

20240726_104833.jpg

ONR is awesome stuff especially on GRP and inside a garage!  I use it for loads of things. Keep some in a spray bottle mixed 16:1 for bird poo soaking and removal on my tin-tops with a super soft microfibre cloth 

2 hours ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

I wouldn't be without my carpets. The weight saving would make zero difference to my driving ability anyway 😂

2 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

ONR is awesome stuff especially on GRP and inside a garage!  I use it for loads of things. Keep some in a spray bottle mixed 16:1 for bird poo soaking and removal with a super soft microfibre cloth 

Yeah I do like it, but it's expensive. I see that P&S do something similar and cheaper. Need all my cash for upgrades...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Would they add too many grams :no:

True enough, I could lose far more weight from the car, by losing a few stone myself! Mainly it’s about not having to worry about them getting wet or mouldy.

I quite like the ritual of washing my Westy - two bucket method, autoglym shampoo then two coats of meguiars paste wax, the autoglym vinyl product on all the seats and trim and whatever horrible chemical is closest for the wheels.  I tend to find that as long as the wax holds, little blemishes and bug splatter just wife off with a damp cloth.

To be honest, it's a lot of faff but I quite enjoy it and it keeps me out of trouble for a couple of hours!

• Like 1

I was never one for washing mine!

A small blat was always more fun 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simon.white said:

I quite like the ritual of washing my Westy - two bucket method, autoglym shampoo then two coats of meguiars paste wax, the autoglym vinyl product on all the seats and trim and whatever horrible chemical is closest for the wheels.  I tend to find that as long as the wax holds, little blemishes and bug splatter just wife off with a damp cloth.

To be honest, it's a lot of faff but I quite enjoy it and it keeps me out of trouble for a couple of hours!

Nice one and I agree about enjoying it too.

Can't beat a good run, I'm actually just in the door been out since 5, but on the days I'm not out driving I enjoy looking after my cars. Means I get more out of the cars and as you say keeps me out of trouble too...