For sale 1998 Westfield 1800 Sport Zetec - Scholar Engine 174 BHP £9900.

ainsworth

For sale is my well loved Westfield which was Factory built in 1998.  I have owned the car for 22 years being the third owner. It was built and sold to the first owner and then Westfield bought it back as second owner who I believe used it as a demonstrator for a few months. I then purchased this in August 2002.  The mileage is currently 24,127.

This car is fitted with a Scholar built 1800 Zetec engine, producing  174 bhp. The car is a widebody version and has fully independent suspension, Lightweight flywheel, MT75  gearbox with a short shift linkage.

In my time, the car has always been garaged and never tracked. Always driven on dry days unless unintentionally caught out in the rain.  I have always taken it off the road  between November and March every year to avoid any exposure to salt.

The car benefits from the following upgrades and replaced parts:

Earlier this year,  I replaced the timing belt, pulley and auxiliary belt.

Five new Michelin Pilot tyres in 2022 which have seen less than 2k miles.

Raceline shallow sump fitted in 2022.

Fuel lines replaced over last few years.

Procomp full set of Dampers and springs fitted.

Large MSA style roll bar from Playskool Motorsport which is approx three inch taller than the Westfield version.

LED high level brake light.

Original seats replaced with Westfield Sports Turbo seats. Red piping and emblem.

Cigar lighter electric point installed for Satnav, phone charger  etc.

The car also has a quick release removable leather steering wheel, immobiliser, four point Willans  red harnesses and Westfield Oil Catch tank all factory fitted. It’s fully carpeted and has a heater and floor mounted pedals.

I have a full tonneau, half tonneau, half hood and bespoke roof struts. Full doors, half doors and wind deflectors. Softbits tunnel pocket included.

It has been well maintained, regularly serviced and mot’d and enjoyed each  year. All Full service history and documentation confirming this is available for the new owner.  MOT expires   10/09/2024. 

Westfield themselves maintained and serviced the car for many years for me and then more recently I have used local independent mechanics.

The car has been totally reliable throughout its time and only ever let me down once when the accelerator cable snapped about 15 years ago which of course was an easy fix.

I have been a member of the club for over two decades ( over two membership numbers ) and so the car is known to some of the local members and has been complimented on many an occasion.

I am situated in Guiseley, Leeds.

I am asking just £9,900 as I feel the car is in very good condition for its age so this represents good value for money and hope that the new owner enjoys the car as much as I have over the years ahead.

I don’t want any silly offers so genuine interest only please.  No test pilots! 

Reason for sale is that I have pondered a change on and off for the last few years and have now already purchased a replacement having fancied a change and something different. So the time to sell is now.

Contact Michael on 07715563629.

Other points:

Drivers carpet “mat” has a wear hole but I do have a rubber insert which came from Westfield which could be fitted. 

I have included a picture of a scrape in the gel coat on the rear passenger  removeable wheel arch.

Both rear wheel arch fronts have the normal stone chips in view of the age and mileage ( most normally fit  guards to cover these. )

The windscreen uprights powder coating has flaked off on the lower half so would benefit by a tidy up. 

About 18 years ago Westfield changed the standard roll bar to Rac type. That put a small crack in the shoulder of the body. I left this for years and then put red silicone sealant on it to make it less noticeable. It’s not a hole so probably could be glued back and packed so that the roll bar fixing does not compress it further …I just never got round to sorting it.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

IMG_0781.jpeg

image11.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

• ainsworth changed the title to For sale 1998 Westfield 1800 Sport Zetec - Scholar Engine 174 BHP £9900.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.