Are there any Photoshop experts on here please

Richard (OldStager)

Hello all, 

I am tearing my hair out here ( what little I have left anyway), trying to insert a photo of a wheel rim into the photo of my car, but for the life of me I can't do it. I am using Win 10 , which has MS paint as it's default image editor but I can't work out how to overlay this into the side view of the car. So not owning Photoshop I went and found an open source program instead, now whilst it has the capability to do what I want it to do, once again I simply am unable to do so. 

My question therefore is can anyone help me please insert this wheel rim

1.thumb.jpg.1b81b422985aa2f1358585898b963b42.jpg

To replace the wheels of the car below

1970-triumph-herald-1360-65d23ac8d788b.jpg.aee7b00746f51249fe94871199a35031.jpg 

Since I am unable to reuse the wheels above due to the previous owners incompetence, I have gained a full set of later wheels that are a bit wider to suit the tyres I wish to fit, having done all  that I now wish to see if the Stainless polished trim piece will look OK on the car or not,  and not wanting to throw my money away, I thought that doing this image editing might be the way forward, but alas I am a bit thick in these matters.

Pic of my latest wheels, one of which is now fitted with the tyres from the Westy on them.

WhatsAppImage2024-07-17at19_16.59_f4850703.thumb.jpg.903ab05744bb443a472b1c26a4a76837.jpg

Thank you to anyone who can do this, what might just be a simple edit.

Richard

I can do it this evening for you.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

I can do it this evening for you.

Oh, thank you so much :yes:, I won't tell you the hours I have wasted trying to do it !! . 

Too slow Jared...

car-wheel-swap.jpg.4f567e5225fc52781c47e100a4897d4a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

OMG, thank you, wow so fast... and here was me wasting 2 hours at a time trying and failing... lol.

Thank you, now |I can keep looking at that and see how I feel in the coming days.

1 hour ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

wow so fast.

I guess having used photoshop since 1989 and teaching it during the 90’s might have something to do with the “that was a piece of p….” as I posted it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kingster said:

I guess having used photoshop since 1989 and teaching it during the 90’s might have something to do with the “that was a piece of p….” as I posted it 🤣

Well yes I guess that would be useful, for muppets like me. I have never been into image manipulation programs, maybe because I was sad that the old adage of " the camera never lies" lol, but for things like I wanted I am glad the camera lied...

I think I may order the trims now , so Rimmer Bros have you to thank for the order...

• Like 1