Goodwood FoS 2024 pictures

Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

Very nice pics @Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset

The Spéirling is made just up the road from me in Wotton-Under-Edge, they sometimes test it at Castle Combe circuit though I have yet to be lucky enough to be there and see it in action. 

Watching it go up the hill at Goodwood (on tv) a few years ago I was shocked at how quick it looked, a bit like the video had been sped up!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Watching it go up the hill at Goodwood (on tv) a few years ago I was shocked at how quick it looked, a bit like the video had been sped up!

It is absolutely insane in real life, just as you say, looks like it has been speeded up! I don’t really like the EVs, but something about this one is quite amazing. I can’t imagine driving it up the hill though, it’s so narrow towards the top. A couple of cars lost wing mirrors against the wall and a Ferrari 512 crashed up there sadly, not too much damage I don’t think.

• Like 3

We saw this one from just above Molecomb too.

• Like 2

Great pics Stu. Especially the four with the blue Urraco in the background! That one at Goodwood is the LHD twin of my RHD one, shown here:

C20639C0-1BFB-4166-AFA8-23ACEAAF4111.jpeg

• Like 4

Amazing pictures. The Miura was my poster car and the Delta S4 takes me back to my 'Cars and Car Conversions' days

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ewan said:

Great pics Stu. Especially the four with the blue Urraco in the background! That one at Goodwood is the LHD twin of my RHD one, shown here:

C20639C0-1BFB-4166-AFA8-23ACEAAF4111.jpeg

Very nice! The Urraco did look good, although this fanboi was just a little bit star struck by the LP400….even though it was yellow 😱🤣

• Like 1

LP400 have to be yellow - that was the colour of the launch car. It suits the shape so well.

Nice little Lambo tractor took your eye as well I see.

I had mine restored by Dorset Tractors a couple of years ago. Great fun for a slow run down the local country roads that the Westie sprints along.

3AE1685B-7EE4-4419-8E36-198EFDD4A305.jpeg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ewan said:

LP400 have to be yellow - that was the colour of the launch car. It suits the shape so well.

Nicely little Lambo tractor took your eye as well I see.

I had mine restored by Dorset Tractors a couple of years ago. Great fun for a slow run down the local country roads that the Westie sprints along.

3AE1685B-7EE4-4419-8E36-198EFDD4A305.jpeg

Wow, that’s lovely too! Yes, I did like the little Lambo tractor, great colours on that too 👍

• Like 1

missed so much there on sat, the boy wasnt at all happy by the track and keeping a set of ear defenders on him was next to impossible. 

Deffo too much to do in one day thinking of 2 next yr. 

4 hours ago, dombanks said:

missed so much there on sat, the boy wasnt at all happy by the track and keeping a set of ear defenders on him was next to impossible. 

Deffo too much to do in one day thinking of 2 next yr. 

Why not happy by the track, couldn’t see well?  Must tricky keeping defenders on a youngster, agreed. Definitely enough stuff to do for two days, more relaxed without having to cram it all in.

• 1 month later...
On 18/07/2024 at 18:48, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

Why not happy by the track, couldn’t see well?  Must tricky keeping defenders on a youngster, agreed. Definitely enough stuff to do for two days, more relaxed without having to cram it all in.

mixture of stuff i think, he wasnt totally on par anyway and the noise was a bit too much lower tones ok but anything real screamy he was just wary of. deffo i think its cos he couldn't quite tell where they were coming from and going