Noise testing device/Next Surrey/Sussex meet

Dracoro

I need to find out what the dB rating is on my car before I take it to a track.

I intended to go to the last Surrey meet but couldn't make it and the next one looks like it's gonna fall on the easter weekend??? and I have a coupla track days provisionally booked at the end of april/start of march.

I'll happily drive to wherever someone has one. Especially if the weather is nice ;) saturday or one evening perhaps.

Most grateful if someone can help me out.

If not, is it worth hiring the bookatrack one at £9? or are theree conditions attached?

I don't see how you can go wrong with the Bookatrack one to be honest.

There are a number of members that have them though, and they're not that expensive these days I think. A quick search should give you locations for buying your own for less than (I think) £50.

Andy

If you drive down to Goodwood on a day that there is some track action they will test it for you for free.

Just drive into the center of the circuit and go see the nice man in the white coat :D

Just drive into the center of the circuit and go see the nice man in the white coat

His name is Martin ( his nickname is 'Scaffold' for reasons that will be obvious but don't call him that!!!!! )

The next Surrey meet is actually on Tuesday 13th April at 7 p.m.

As long as it's not raining, I'll bring my meter to the next Surrey meeting... It was found to be spot on at the SVA test 98db at 7000rpm  :D

The next Surrey meet is actually on Tuesday 13th April at 7 p.m

As long as it's not raining, I'll bring my meter to the next Surrey meeting

Super stuff chaps. Weather permitting, I'll be there else I'll hire the bookatrack one. Alternatively, would a local garage have one?

I bought a noise meter last year from Maplins for about £35 (Ithink it was a half price deal).

If you are anywhere near Ash (near Aldershot) you are more than welcome to drive over and test your car.  Send me a PM if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

All packed and ready... probably need to do the test away fron the pub to keep the locals happy though.

JC