Winter upgrades & motivation to finish

DarrenK

I'm making progress, who'd of thunk it 🤣

Arch covers and cill protectors now on 👍

PXL_20240714_101558276.jpg

• Like 7

Started my rebuild in Sept 2020, after a few months I bought the car and a bunch of times I've driven it (Covid year). Sometimes I too regret having started it, but thinking well I couldn't have done any different, too many things were off and my OCD couldn't wait 😁

I've found that, doing even one small thing every day, it really speed things up.

Your car looks great, I'm sure if you keep working on it regularly it'll be done in no time 👍🏻

• Like 2

That's a good way to think of it, little and often! Mine seems to have been very little and not very often at the moment! Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it.

Now I'm on it today I've got a little spark back, shiny bits going on always makes a difference!

• Like 2

Can I ask a favour from a moderator please? Could this be moved to build dairies? Having this in the public domain is probably what I need to get it finished some time this year! Thanks 

• Like 3

You have done a hell of a lot of work on the car..so don't lose motivation now..just find a way to get back on the road..a quick drive will remind you it's worthwhile 

• Like 2

Lovely looking car! Do as much as you need to get it back on the road. It'll bring a grin to your face 🙂

• Like 3

Maybe it would be worth finding a local mate to get a passenger ride with around those lovely Welsh Forest of Dean or valley roads? That usually perks up the old enthusiasm! 

• Like 1

Thanks all, I'm going to spend a few hours on and off this week to get some more bits fitted. Cycle wings and aeroscreen are probably the biggest tasks before its ready for its MOT. 

The weather forecast should be enough motivation before normal rainy service is resumed!

• Like 3

If you can stand being without it,the aeroscreen isn't needed for the MOT.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DIY-Si said:

If you can stand being without it,the aeroscreen isn't needed for the MOT.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Now that's something I didn't know, cheers Si!