Full cage and half doors - how do you get in...

Mat Jackson 1975

1 hour ago, Paul Baker said:

Oh wow I'm just catching up with this thread. Same here @Flying Carrot Steve I didn't even know going in from the top was a thing!

Going to try it later in the comfort of my own private garage with no-one looking. If you never hear from me again, it didn't work 😂

Keep your mobile on you, 999 is an option!  

1 hour ago, stephenh said:

I hope you've got plenty of head-room, or you'll have a very sore bonce!

That's a good point actually. It all sounds a bit athletic for me these days, not long and I'll be 'will you still need me, will you still feed me' years of age!

BY POPULAR REQUEST! 

I suppose it's a waste of time asking you guys not to laugh? 😂

WARNING, CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE!

I have to confess, the only reason I managed that is because I'm off my t**s on painkillers for my knackered knee! Definitely easier for me getting in through the side. 

Couldn't post video here so had to load to YouTube 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

BY POPULAR REQUEST! 

I suppose it's a waste of time asking you guys not to laugh? 😂

WARNING, CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE!

I have to confess, the only reason I managed that is because I'm off my t**s on painkillers for my knackered knee! Definitely easier for me getting in through the side. 

Couldn't post video here so had to load to YouTube 

Funny 🤣 BUT…. The challenge was to get it with half doors in place so you cheated getting out 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

Funny 🤣 BUT…. The challenge was to get it with half doors in place so you cheated getting out 🤣

Yep, that is not gonna happen. Ever. Nor is the attempted top entry 😂

• Haha 1

I have my half doors secured with a single pin at the front top corner, meaning they can pivot upwards. I hook them to the cage with a bungee and can then slot myself in behind.

image.png.98e167c0f37f03d981d47dd28cb5855c.png

• Like 6

See here for how I did mine. Piece of pee.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

I have my half doors secured with a single pin at the front top corner, meaning they can pivot upwards. I hook them to the cage with a bungee and can then slot myself in behind.

image.png.98e167c0f37f03d981d47dd28cb5855c.png

Nice!!

When they are in the "down" position, how do you secure them to stop them flapping / vibrating?

3 hours ago, Mat Jackson 1975 said:

Nice!!

When they are in the "down" position, how do you secure them to stop them flapping / vibrating?

I have a tonneau that covers the passenger one anyway, but the drivers side tucks between the cage and the body side, so it just sits there happily without any other fixing while I'm driving. I have a few bits of 3M film in the spots that rub

When I have my doors on(most of the time) I climb in from the top, but the doors are off in from the side.

my doors are held in by a small channel at the front of the door and then at the back a small bracket is made and the the door slots in and the held in with Velcro, so easy to remove and refit.