Derby Notts Monthly Pub Meet! 7pm on Thursday 4th July @ The Clock Warehouse

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

Pub meet time again, come and join us for a beverage and a laugh!

As usual we will be at the Clock Warehouse (DE72 2GL) at about 7pm. 

The weather is looking kind so hopefully we get some cars out 👍

Someone I'd met a couple of years ago at the Caffeine and Machine Lightweight Day had just posted on the Warwickshire WSCC Facebook page about his new purchase and that he was doing a track evening at Donington.

As I have to drive by the circuit to get to the Clock, I left a little earlier to go and say hi.

Marks new car, a 1989 narrow body with a 200bhp cammed Zetec on Weber ITB's with straight cut Type 9 and quaiffe LSD. Nice to hear him raving about the chassis dynamics compared to the Quantum Xtreme he owned the last time we met.

20240704_180300.jpg

Loads of nice cars on track, from Ferraris to the normal hot hatches.... even spotted a donor car 😂

20240704_182013.jpg

After a good chat I headed off to the pub.

I had a nervous wait.....

20240704_185832.jpg

Thankfully, it was just everyone running late 😂

Flanked by Ben's MNR and Lee's tango zetec

20240704_192123.jpg

Hedley struggling to get out of his car.... worryingly he told me he was suffering with a bit of stiffness.... maybe he was just pleased to see me!? 😂

20240704_192135.jpg

Gavs ecoboost (Steve riding shotgun until his new car is MOT'd) with its new Pumaspeed hybrid turbo.... Wheelspin prevented a definitive power output on its recent rolling road session, but likely in the 300bhp bracket. Not bad for a 1.6!

20240704_192114.jpg

We were joined by Martyn, Garry, Paul, Dom and Malc who came in their tintops.

Plenty to chat about with our recent visits to the Speed Series rounds, Dom's alternator bracket woes, Hedley's forthcoming suspension upgrades, Martyn working on getting his car back on the road, Malc's IVA application, the recent TLWN trip and of course the guys in the Alps!

A few of us are on track at Donington on the 22nd July so we are buzzing about that too!

I had a brilliant drive home too, empty B roads and friendly Mercedes A45 AMG to play with 😇

Great to see everyone, see you on the next meet 👍

• Like 1

Sorry we didn't make it this month. We will see some of you on the upcoming track day though. Marks new car looks great ... Good spec good colour! Regards j and c.

• Like 1