Tracks in the South East

Richard Slack

Hi,

I'm trying to find the best place to take my car on its first few trackdays. I'm located in the South East. I know of tracks like Brands Hatch, Lydden Hill, Goodwood, but I was more looking for an airfield-type track with lots of run off. Do you know of any in the area?

Many thanks

Richard

Both Brands and Snetterton have sensible run-off areas as they’re designed for much faster cars than a Westfield. Lydden slightly less so and I got quite close to the barrier there on one occasion in the wet.

Sadly the Woodbridge track days are no more and Carlimits have also finished their handling events at North Weald.

Of those mentioned Snetterton would be my choice.

Thruxton is an airfield type track. Very restricted on noise. Not sure what the run off is like, but would expect it to all be grass.

You've also got Bedford autodrome (which is an old airfield) and Castle Combe.

Cadwell Park(East Midlands) is great for our little cars, but not a lot of run-off in some areas of the track. I came close to the armco in the wet not so long back...

Cadwell Park(East Midlands)

Cadwell altho fantastic circuit is in Lincolnshire, so perhaps a little too far ?

East Midlands is Donington Park circuit again a super track, not in south east, but easy to get to