Anyone got an email for BenD?

Naranja_Al

So my mate bought BenD’s old Mazda 1600 SDV which he had removed in the week to run 240bhp, wow what a difference it has made it the car.

He’s managed to blow the plastic intake plenum up though now the boost is higher, need to contact BenD to see if he knows where he got the plenum from or if he has his old plenum still.

DM me if you can help, thanks.

Old plenum

IMG_1424.jpeg.b326cf914658eff86141df216d360dd6.jpeg

New plenum that has blown up

IMG_1423.jpeg.8848cdd64c74d7bdd9d0ebe0c3bc4789.jpeg

I do hope none of the plastic got ingested, I know it's only plastic but will smell dreadful if it makes its way past the valves , hope a replacement can be found that's a bit more up to the job as they say.

We don’t think any plastic went in the intake. We had to limp it home as an NA car, seemed to drive ok. If anything I think it sounded better!🤣

I think they were made by Luke a Playskool, but they stopping trading. I’d suggest an alloy item will handle boost better. I’m sure I’ve seen something at GBS.

• Like 2

I believe Nick's away on a road trip in Europe at the moment, so might not see this straightaway.

• Like 1

PM me the friends contact details etc and I can forward a message to the last email address we have on record for Ben, if you like.

D

11 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

PM me the friends contact details etc and I can forward a message to the last email address we have on record for Ben, if you like.

D

Thanks Dave, PM sent.

On 24/06/2024 at 12:03, Rednop1 said:

Maybe this is something @Nick Algar - Competition Secretary  could help you with he is the plastics expert 

Is he expert enough to make me a clear plastic cover for my Zetec cam sprockets? I'd like to be able to see my blue Vernier pulleys. Seems a shame to not have them on display 

I have messaged Ben as I’m still in contact with him 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ben doesn’t have the old plenum. The see through one came from PlaysKool and was made for a supercharged Duratec running a lot more power. PlaysKool no longer exists, but I can ask Nick if he knows anything. 

• Like 1