Best way to sell your Westfield…..

Steve20

After extended and sole ownership of my Westfield time has come to sell, other than the obvious of advertising on the club forum (car is advertised), what experiences do other successful sellers have of alternative ways of selling what are very individual cars.

Am currently considering Piston Heads both classified ad and possibly their new auction.

Appreciate thoughts and feedback 

Steve

1 minute ago, Steve20 said:

After extended and sole ownership of my Westfield time has come to sell, other than the obvious of advertising on the club forum (car is advertised), what experiences do other successful sellers have of alternative ways of selling what are very individual cars.

Am currently considering Piston Heads both classified ad and possibly their new auction.

Appreciate thoughts and feedback 

Steve

Hi Steve, I can’t help with selling but being a recent buyer (12 months) I think if there’s anyone looking for specific model/spec then they will use all sources available. Over a 6 month search period I used WSCC cars for sale, Piston Heads, eBay & Autotrader & only viewed 4 cars from eBay & Autotrader. 

The car I brought matched my spec 100% and was only advertised on Autotrader although the advert was poor in detail & was advertised Saturday night, sale agreed Sunday lunch & collect a week later. Hope this helps. 

Sold mine on FB marketplace in a few days. It was a bargain though 😁

You just need to be very wary of the complete and utter nerbheeds that populate the place!

• Haha 1

I bought mine on Pistonheads but it was also advertised on the WSCC although I didn't know that and only found out when I joined a few months later. I tended to only look at kits on Pistonheads and eBay until I joined WSCC. There are definitely good cars to be had on WSCC and loads Facebook of varying quality. Just be alert for scams on FB. 

If you monitor those 4 sources you won't miss very many at all

Car And Classic for the older classic models.

Mine sold through this forum within a week of advertising, but I was realistic with my asking price, had lots of clear photos and a very comprehensive description which all helps.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

Mine sold through this forum within a week of advertising, but I was realistic with my asking price, had lots of clear photos and a very comprehensive description which all helps.

Very true

What about a raffle?  £100 per ticket 

9 hours ago, shrops-paul said:

What about a raffle?  £100 per ticket 

You need a licence for online raffles/lotteries and they can’t be for private or commercial gain