Great British Sports Cars, Newark, Sat 15th June, 10am onwards

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

It's the Cars and Coffee event at Great British Sports Cars, Maun Way, Ollerton, Newark, NG22 9ZD, 10am-2pm. 

All cars are welcome.

Who is joining us?

• Like 2

Hi Julie I can’t make this one as it my day in work as I’m just started my weekends again. However there a possibility that my tiger will be there though as I’m dropping it off to them this Monday coming for some work to be carried out on it. So depending on how long they having it for you will see it.

• Like 2

Hi Julie,

If the weather looks good then I hope to be there, am currently trying to sell my Westfield so this may give me the opportunity to promote the car to likeminded people.

Steve

• Like 2

Hopefully coming. Been to see my Mother for four days and on route home last night got a call to say that one of her guests (who we saw on Thursday and Friday) has tested positive for COVID. We are isolating just in case and will test. If all clear I will come but if not then I will stay clear. 
Currently we are both feeling fine and testing negative (now Tuesday evening)!!

• Sad 1

All fine now so coming!! Presumably see you there??

• Like 2

Yes, we will be there for 10am 👍

• Like 2

Chris Emms is planning on coming.  

• Like 1

A couple of east anglia group will be there. My car wont as awaiting new battery but i will be strapped to one of the others.

• Like 3

It's a possible from me, the weather forecast here for Saturday morning isn't too clever.... fingers crossed it changes!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

It's a possible from me, the weather forecast here for Saturday morning isn't too clever.... fingers crossed it changes!

Come on Rob. Westfield need you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

Remember Strines. Of course you can make it. We all know you are not a whimp. 

• Haha 2

Not me I’m working👎

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Remember Strines. Of course you can make it. We all know you are not a whimp. 

It was wetter than an otters pocket that day! 😂

• Like 1

Nice to meet those that attended the GBS event today, the cake made up for the rain at lunch time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was quieter than a normal factory open day at GBS, I guess because of the weather forecast but that's ok because there was more cake to go round. Pizza was also available for a small charge, drinks and cakes were free and there were charity tins on the table for you to express your gratitude.

The actual weather was dry and sunny until midday, a shower came over and we left at that point.

DSC05570.JPG

DSC05556.JPG

This kept us quiet for a while

DSC05558.JPG

The Kit Spares shop was open

DSC05563.JPG

Money was spent

DSC05566.JPG

Steve is the main guy in the parts department, give him a call if you need anything, he has helped a lot of us (me included) in the past.

Steve

DSC05565.JPG

@Martin Bell - (Bellyboy) Joint East Anglia AO was chauffer driven, thank you John for bringing him and your car.

DSC05559.JPG

There were some Zero's on display

DSC05562.JPG

Other cars turned up, all types of cars are invited.

DSC05568.JPG

DSC05569.JPG

A great morning out, meeting some nice people and an offer from GBS for our club to come back and do a factory tour (small charge to cover costs). It would be good to get a multi area meet doing this as it is a good location to get the Derbyshire/Notts, Yorkshire, East Anglia and Peak District areas together. Let me know your thoughts!

No run out in the Peak District next weekend as we are all driving the Pennine Way on our Long Way North trip but hope to see you the weekend after.

DSC05560.JPG

• Like 6